Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7213 results found

1. My idea would be that you can create multiple color palettes and scroll back and forth between them.
    For example, you could create a palette for work/school on the first “page” and one for your calendar on the next.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Be able to add set amount of blank white margin to an imported file. Currently, my round about would be open it through the MarginAdjuster app (Made by some japanese) the after editing it in the app, open with Goodnotes. It would be better if the process would be seamless and more people would be able to access this kind of feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I using Goodnotes on the devices like Mac and iPhone where don't support Apple Pencil, here's something I wanted:
    -- Letter beautification, the letters written by finger on whatever touchpad or screen is not tidy enough, this tool will make the ugly characters more beautiful, add even with font selection if possible
    -- Graphics tool that draws shapes by dragging and dropping with a single finger
    -- A more responsive text selection tool, and after selecting the text displays a toolbar similar to the one in Word, not the one that comes with Apple's system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Book like view should be option Formula pdf view

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When editing flashcards on my mac, once I'm done, I am no longer able to swipe through the cards, I have to exit and go back in to begin swiping through them again.

Also please add the ability to star/bookmark certain flashcards and study the "starred" set. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello! I love annotating and i think it would be interesting if there was a feature where in when you want to annotate, it acts like a highlighter but you can click on the higlighted word/phrase and add in your thoughts. A cleaner way to annotate :)

And lastly there are times wherein i want to erase my highlights but unfortunately even my drawings would be erased :( i hope theres a way to easily erase highlighters rather than pressing the undo button

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I select a handwritten word with the lasso tool and try to convert it to text, the option "Auto Detect" is set as default.

This leads to a wrong conversion of the selected text. Forcing me to change from "Auto Detect" to my preferred language every time I want to conver text.

For Example: I try to convert the german word "Abstrakte" but the auto detect converts it to "Abstrakle". If I change the language from "Auto Detect" to "German", it converts it to the correct word "Abstrakte".

Thus it would be great, if the language I selected is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It should be possible to set what you want your default text font to be; for example, right now the default text font is”Helvetica Neue”, but I always use the font “Chalkboard SE, so instead of changing it everytime i make a new text box, I can have it as an automatic default so that im not going in to change it each time! This would save me SO much time, and I feel as though this could be a beneficial feature for the app!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To make the new flashcard feature even more useful, it would be great to be able to insert math equations using inline LaTeX/MathJax notation. (Similar to what’s possible with Anki).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tool for adding values in a table and function that draws a graph with line of the best fit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice to have the thicknes presets in a submenu like in one of the previous updates. It doesn‘t has to be standart but to at least the option to have it in a submenu would be nice. Ideally you‘d have up to five thicknes presets in there, so you don’t have to switch the presets thicknes. I have seven colorpresets what is just a little to wide for the space i have in the mainbar, so it would be far more comfortable to have the thicknes adjustment in a submenu so this anoying scroll thing does not…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ich habe oft das Problem, wenn man eine text liest und markiert, muss man bei den Textmarker immer warten bis eine gerade line entsteht.
    Für den normalen Stift gibt es die Funktion mit dem Geometrischen Werkzeug, mit dem man immer eine gerade line ziehen kann. DAs für den Textmarker wäre super.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ich vermisse einen Button, mit dem man von der Ordnerstruktur, das Fenster mit den bereits geöffneten Tabs wieder öffnen kann, ohne dafür ein anderes Dokument aus den Ordnern öffnen zu müssen.
    So wie es bei den geöffneten Tabs oben links in der Ecke einen Pfeil zurück gibt, nur eben in die andere Richtung.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right now yellow paper, as far as I know, is the only one that has a red margin. It's called legal paper. The other paper colours do not have this. Also make it so there two variants, a wide margin and a narrow margin.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It'd be good to have an option for this
    In Notability, in a vertical scrolling document, when you write at the bottom of a page, it seamlessly lets you draw through to the next page. On GoodNotes 5, you are forced to remain constrained to the current page. Maybe have a page lock option or something to remedy this issue since it'd be useful for people who like unlimited scrolling documents.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to customise folders not just the plain boring blue colour. This will make it easier to differentiate between different folders

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I often switch pencils colors and strokes width, also between pencils and highlights.
    If we can use stock buttons which enable us to stock pencils or highlights preferences including color, width, this function makes GoodNotes easier to use!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Photo template pages. Multiple sizes/quantities and page orientation. Click in box and add photo of correct size. With option for text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There should be the capability of linking any note from one page with a note from another and being able to click on it and be redirected to the interrelated note .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have the writing sync with the voice recording when played back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?