Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7114 results found

1. Display or show the paper size of each template. For example A4 210 by 297 mm. This will allow us to know which template is bigger or smaller by looking at numbers instead of just guessing. Allow us to edit that size and also include a print preview

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Flashcard Update! Please make this a permanent feature. There should be an outline so you can quickly find a card without flipping through the full size ones. Also have a way for you to save your progress. If i make a deck of 120 cards I may not have time to make it all the way through and want to come back where I left off. Also a feature to let you study only the ones you missed. And a feature to let you view them in order or randomly.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The folder organization will be better as expandable list structure like on MacOS or MS OneNote.
    So it would be possible to see folder and underfolder.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow for the shape, pen, or highlighter snap feature to instinctively recognize an intersection of polygons, lines, or just a plain dot. This feature is mainly focused on imported documents and images. In the image below is a triangle (redrawn for clarity) where at each corner, the blue do for the highlighter snap shape is not at the corner. The snap tool should detect intersections, such as for a grid line or corner of a polygon, and automatically move to the intersection.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be ideal to improve the ability of typing notes in GoodNotes. For instance while the ability to create bullet points is already there, being able to indent another type of bullet point underneath another like when using any Microsoft application would be much better. While i use GoodNotes i write out my notes about 90% of the time. But for the remaining 5% i would like to be able to type out my notes and have them be able to organized the way i like. Especially since purchasing a keyboard for my iPad i feel this would make…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. post it on the app should be easier to use. when you use them they should appear so you can write on them but when you top using them they should disappear/minimize (only appear as a little icon) so they don't use real estate on the screen or block part of it . when you want to read the theme you could press on the icon and the post should re-emerge.

MilionDolarIdea

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd like to see GoodNotes available on older versions of Windows like Windows7. There are many homeschoolers who do not have the latest devises, etc. You would be able to reach more individuals. Regardless GoodNotes is a fantastic app, keep up the good work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Imagine having a notebook for a specific subject like gravity in physics. Having to look up the formulas is unnecessary and requires to open two goodnote windows. What if there was a drop down or draggable smaller window that shows them specific for the notebooks with own written notes?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The same colour and size is selected while annotating for Pen tool and Drawing Box/circle/shape tool by default . I hope the team works on this in future updates and lets users have separate colours for each tool and not necessarily default choice, so each time we switch tools it doesn’t hamper the flow

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Especially University Students will have to use f.e. Excel Files saved on OneDrive or Websites in their studies.

It would be nice to be able to embed OneDrive links or Internet-Hyperlinks as Elements in Goodnotes folders, so that you have every data related to your studies in one place and in one view.

Suggestion:
    When creating an element in GoodNotes, we use the „+“sign on the top left.
    One of the Options shown could be „Embed Link“.
    There can then be an interface to enter the link and choose a Name for the Element.
    Maybe let us also choose/customize the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better organisation options through internal links!! When you have a lot of notes you don't want to be searching through hundreds of pages for the specific topic your looking for! I would love to be able to create an index where I click on the topic and it will take me there, like google docs does (one of my favourite features). Maybe different personalisation options side tabs like a binder and you can click them to go to the specified area (as a seperate option not instead of basic internal links). I have found people asking for this as far…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A flat marker pen like for flipcharts would be really great. For the highligter and the writing pen.

Also a streamline option (with the ability to set the strongness of the streamline) for the pens and highlighters would be also great to smooth out the handwriting. Just like you can set it in procreate.

Thanks a lot!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a dedicated user of GoodNotes, I have been exploring the app's features and functionality, and I believe there is an opportunity to improve the app's highlighter and pen thickness options. Currently, the available thickness sizes are limited, and it can be challenging to find the ideal thickness size for specific note-taking situations. This can have a significant impact on the user experience, making it difficult to achieve the desired level of precision and accuracy.

Therefore, I suggest that GoodNotes consider expanding the range of available thickness sizes for both highlighters and pens. Alternatively, it would be helpful to have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Wenn ich ein Dokument einscannen will und das Dokument in Querformat ist wird es im GoodNotes immer ein Hochvormat erstellt. Cool wäre, wenn das Vormat beim einscannen übernommen wird.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Recommend adding a multi-touch free rotation function with zoom capabilities to facilitate page customization and enhance user experience, such as filling out forms with horizontal and vertical fields. Example of this feature can be observed in Zinnia application for iOS and iPadOS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you import an image as a flash card you can’t write on it at all with a pen. While you could edit the image before importing it, it would help if you could import say a labelled diagram of a cell and you could blackout one individual label and put the label as the answer on the other side of the flash card. This could help you with one diagram making easily 6+ Flashcards in a minute directly from lecture notes making it a lot easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. self explanatory, would be SOOO useful as someone trying to use goodnotes to take notes for my asl classes. i feel like this is a very needed feature that people have been asking for for years (i've done an in depth search to see if gif support is possible and found requests for it from several years back)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I use the stroke thickness A LOT.

The new update has hidden the stroke width selectors.
    I understand that you need the space for more colors, and am fine with the updated setup.

A “swipe up/down on icon” gesture to change the stroke’s thickness solves my problem pretty well, without needing a buttons and layout redesign.

The current 2 tap design has killed off my speed. I didn’t realise that a single additional tap would derail me so much.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hallo,

ich nutze in der Schule sehr gerne Good notes auf dem IPad, aber Zuhause benutze ich nur Android Geräte würde aber dennoch gerne Good notes benutzen. Also konkret: Mein Wunsch ist Good notes für Android.

Gruß Lonnie

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?