Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6982 results found

1. GoodNotes for Mac used to be great before they switched to Catalyst. These problems have persisted for years and keeps getting worse.

Problems:
    - Can't print notes with images - None of the images actually print out, just blank space. This sucks when you make your notes in GoodNotes and want to print them out to prepare for lecture.

• Can't drag-and-drop images anymore. No pasting from a Word document, or cut/paste from Preview.

• Importing an image comes in with weird sizing

• Crop tool is missing when right clicking on images and it depends on the type of image format

• Drag-and-Drop…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. By adding variables (for example a date variable), the user wouldn’t have to rewrite the date ever time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey!

I would like to request a feature that allows me to remove the background of a picture (make the BG transparent basically). For instance, let’s say I import a picture of a cup of tea on a red background. I’d like to be able to remove the red background from the image so that it becomes transparent and doesn’t overlap any object/text close to the cup of tea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I don‘t wanna the sound track. But automatically used to work by self. Please fix the error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. when you use the select tool and use the color option, you should get the option to have multi-recolor, such that you can see each color used in the selected region and get the option to switch each color to another color manually, while also having an all - recolor option to change everything which we have now

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if one could move/drag the page higher, so that the hand would still lie on the tablet when one wants to write at the very bottom of the page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My school uses a Learning Management System (LMS) which accepts LTI1.3. It would be amazing if GoodNotes could also have an LTI1.3 option- which would allow my students the ability to use/access their GoodNotes in the LMS (and turn in assignments there).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • It should be possible to fetch the desired color from the page, for example from an image.
    • Change the name of the audios, and have something that would appear if that specific page had an audio. | It was good to have an option where what we wrote during the audio didn't stay on the page, or that for example we could record the red pointer together with the audio.
    • The option to adjust the position of an object and "send to the back" or "bring to the front", also divert is possible.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We are an engineering office and work very intensively with GoodNotes to document construction sites. For this we insert many images into prepared documentation templates. In order to ensure a uniform layout, the images currently have to be inserted manually into the placeholders. Here we would like to have a scaling function (proportional and unproportional) in which the dimensions of the image can be specified numerically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It is hard to edit the title when the notebook is opened because of the Split View window. It always prioritizes the Split View option menu, which makes it quite frustrating when trying to edit the title. Either make the title offset to the side or have a button that enables editing so it is not so close to the Split View button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now the goodnotes on windows beta can only create notes files but can not open the notes files created by ios or share the files to other equipments. Naturally, I know that now the beta version can not sync with iphone or mac, however, the functions I mentioned beyond is also very important.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have a use case where it’d be useful to be able to link the scrolling of Goodnotes on two devices.

I’d like it to be bi directional so which ever device you scroll on the other would follow.

And conversely it’d be great to easily temporarily break the link and then link back up.

One could extend the benefits of this by having one device viewing the outlines and jumping around and the second device hopping to key parts.

Many thanks

R

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I used to write with a fountain pen all the time but switched to iPad because I had so many notebooks it was getting a bit ridiculous trying to go back through my notes. One thing I miss so much is the way ink looks on a page, particularly inks with hi sheen and shading. Colours vary in intensity at different points on the page, some completely change depending on the amount of ink laid down and it really makes writing enjoyable and makes revising notes oddly satisfying. Please add some form of this to GoodNotes as an option when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I search after a word in a Document the search line covers the page number at the bottom of the page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I love the tool and have a few of them.
    In order to structure my content I would like to be able to move my notebooks around in my folder.

I have noted some storting to take place but,

Tag a set of favourites and show them on top in my folder or a dedicated folder would be good
    - sort by drag would be advanced
    - sort by keywords

I would also like to be able to merge notebooks in a way that I can drag my source on target and via control question be able to move (merge)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's also critical to remember that Waklert does not replace good lifestyle practices like getting enough sleep, eating a balanced meal, and working out frequently.

https://www.buymodafinilaustralia.com/product/waklert-150-mg-australia

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Essentially quickly mark a page that enables the user to go back to that page when scrolling to others

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I use a graphic tablet (Gaomon 1060 pro) with Goodnotes on macos. When i write fast, the "Paste, Add Comment" Box doesn't appear . However, if i write slowly, the box keeps showing and hides my writing. I find that the box is very annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Voice Note Annotations

It would be nice to insert a voice note annotation some paragraph or lines that we feel so.

Like our voice, explaining the meaning or a mneumonic related to that particular sentence paragraph, so that we can just click on that voice button and hear what was our thought about it when we read that before.

At present, it’s collection of voice notes for the entire notes which we cannot be renamed or edited, and is not specific to particular Pages.

So the newly added voice feature should be improved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I really like to do my devotionals on here and would really like to be able to have some Christian clipart options to choose from to help decorate. I would also like to have like additional writing utensils I feel like they are very broad as to your choices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?