Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6978 results found

1. We are already able to copy an image to clipboard with the lasso tool.
    Would be great if we could insert that image directly from clipboard without saving it to photos which will not create junks in the photos. A pretty small idea but an efficient one

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It's really important for quickly adding and removing pages to the favourite list and to have a visual indicator of which pages are already favourited.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I use it very often and now I have to go over the dotted menü and don`t see the current status.
    There seems to be much empty space, so I dont understand, why this buton has been hided.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mir gefällt an GoodNotes sehr, dass man das Cover des Notizbuches selbst gestalten kann.
    Für die Struktur arbeite ich jedoch lieber mit den Ordnern.
    Deshalb wünsche ich mir, dass man die Icons der Ordner ebenfalls selbst gestalten könnte oder zumindest in verschiedenen Farben wählen könnte.

—————————

What I really like about GoodNotes is that you can design the cover of the notebook yourself.
    However, I prefer to work with the folders for the structure.
    That's why I wish that you could also design the folder icons yourself or at least choose different colors

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OVERVIEW Mac Desktop Version

only in sidebar – really bad overview

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I used a translator because I was not good at English. Please understand me.

Hello, I am a publishing editor in Korea.
    Thanks to Good Note, I was able to convert my work to digital. And I could save paper.
    More than 1,000 sheets of paper are usually used to make a book. You guys are saving the earth.

There is a function I want to request.
    1. I have only checked the revised pages using the bookmark function. However, it is very uncomfortable because the bookmark button disappears from the work screen. Please mark the bookmark button again on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I need a dark calendar and to do list

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Some improvements need to be made to the Mac version of GoodNotes 5. The biggest aspect that needs improvement is the text/typing function. It would be amazing if the app had a processor similar to MS Word or Google Docs. Even at the basic level- having the ability to choose between a text box vs no text box (so having page parameters), automatically typing to the next line, being able to type on the lines of a page template without having to adjust the text box. Quite frankly, I do not use the Mac version as much as I would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add the Greek language handwriting recognition. I use goodnotes 5 for taking notes and i have to say that your application is one of the top. The only issue for me is that there is no support for Greek language.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. GoodNotes for Mac used to be great before they switched to Catalyst. These problems have persisted for years and keeps getting worse.

Problems:
    - Can't print notes with images - None of the images actually print out, just blank space. This sucks when you make your notes in GoodNotes and want to print them out to prepare for lecture.

• Can't drag-and-drop images anymore. No pasting from a Word document, or cut/paste from Preview.

• Importing an image comes in with weird sizing

• Crop tool is missing when right clicking on images and it depends on the type of image format

• Drag-and-Drop…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For students it may be necessary print anotations that they made in goodnotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Leider vermisse ich die Funktion, dass man einzelne Notizbücher mit einem Passwort oder ähnlichem schützen kann.
    Oder, für mehrere Benutzer entsprechende Passagen Passwort schützen. Für diesen Preis sollte es möglich sein. Des weiteren vermisse ich noch eine Terminierungsfunktion. Dies ist gerade für die Zusammenarbeit mit mehreren Personen sehr wichtig, um Folgeabläufe steuern zu können. Ein direktes umwandeln von Handschriften in Maschinenschrift wäre auch noch sehr von Vorteil. Leider reagiert hier der Support nicht!
    ————————————————————
    Unfortunately, I miss the function that you can protect individual notebooks with a password or something similar. Or, for multiple users corresponding passages password protect. For…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 教えてほしいです。

MacBook pro (2020.M1)でgoodnote5を使っているのですが、Safariで共有から「goodnoteを開く」が表示されないのですが、表示されない仕様なのでしょうか?アプリはアップデートしています。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the 'bookmark' feature in the top left when viewing a page has disappeared and replaced with a voice note feature. will the bookmark be coming back as it is an incredibly useful tool to have been removed

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When collaborating on documents, sometimes it may be necessary to make a copy to make individual annotations. However, making a copy will not keep other annotations up-to-date/synced with the master/main copy. Thus, a feature allowing users to “fork” a document and keep it synced while adding their own edits in their forked document would be useful. This is important and especially essential for educational settings where a teacher or project leader may wish to distribute a template version for individuals to edit, but keep annotations or edits updates on all copies.

A further extension to this would be the ability…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. With the most recent update, microphone access knocked the "Add to Favorites" button out of the main toolbar. I'm regularly adding pages to favorites as part of long documents that I mark up by hand, which I then use to pull only the favorite pages out of the document and send to a colleague quickly; now the button requires 3+ clicks to get to. I'm not going to use the microphone. At least make it the user's option to move around the icons that are featured in the main toolbar.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Return the favorite page tab to the upper left corner. It was removed with the addition of the recording feature, which is cool but now we have to go through more steps just to add a favorite page.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a way to create custom pen colors for each notebook. For instance I color code stuff for each notebook I have but I don't want to go searching for all the colors I saved. Instead I want to name a custom color pallet so the pen and highlighter slots change color at one instead of individually changing the colors.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a sync button on the main bar to the different goodnotes platforms. I simultaneously work between goodnotes on my MacBook and iPad. It rarely auto syncs in real-time. I need back out of my current document in both platforms, go into settings, go into icloud settings, and then click use icloud. I toggle off in both then toggle on in both for my changes to sync real-time. It's a nuisance. I love goodnotes otherwise.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?