Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7110 results found

1. Good notes should be at Google aap store for Android users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I prefer setting tool position on the bottom because it reduces moving distance of my hands. (I'm using apple pencil 1 gen.) In this case, UI for recording shows below the icon so that I can't see what's going on, and it shows on top of tool bar.
    I hope it gets better very soon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We can keep each page as its own individual file but make it so we can view our notebook/planner as a book. I would love to see that option so I can see two of my pages side by side like a physical book.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For natural scientists it is necessary to be able to write text characters and numbers superscript / subscript. This could be done via the format selection.
    The ability to insert mathematical formulas and shapes would also be helpful. A text recognition of mathematical notation would be even better.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the ability to have multiple saved text styles. Currently, you can only save one "default" text style, but I use multiple styles in different places, i.e. headlines and body text for note-taking in school.

Also, allowing different default text styles per notebook would really be a nice feature. I'm sure many of us use different default depending on the notebook, and it gets cumbersome changing the settings each time.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Layout for the Flashcards in order to be able to make them rasier and more individual. Also the possibility to combine the individual Tools. (Text, Image, Pen)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like to see a donation option in settings or somewhere. I love this app, my life is this app (I wish I were being melodramatic). With that love comes fear, fear that this app will turn into a subscription model as it becomes more robust. I wouldn't mind donating what I can-when I can. I've purchased items from the shop in the iOS version, but I don't see another way offer my support. Finally, if there is a way to hide the tool bar on all versions it would make a big difference for people with small screens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Working on my ipad and taking all of my notes on it, these tend to take up lots of storage, which i don’t mind on my ipad and i want to be able to access every notes even without internet on it.
    However, on my iphone, goodnotes syncs every notes and downloads them locally on my iphone which is problematic because it can quickly take up a lot of storage on the device when you only consult a few documents on your iPhone.

It would be great if GoodNotes had a syncing option just like the one that iCloud Photos…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having a version history function would also be helpful like how google docs have theirs. As far as I've seen there isn't a version history function yet, and I haven't seen anyone suggest this idea in this forum.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi, it would be great if you could add the feature to customise colours for text too! Also to be able to change parts of the text block and not the whole block!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like it so that when I zoom in, the space on the outside of the page is large enough that I can zoom into the place I want to write and it would be positioned on the right side of the page. Currently, if I zoom onto the left side of the page, I would have to reach my right hand over to write on the left side.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am a student and I really enjoy using Goodnotes to read my textbook and make notes on it. However, recently, I’ve bought the latest IPad Pro (12.9). I thought my experience of using these apps would be even better as I have a larger screen and better chip. However, my writing experience on Goodnotes then becomes horrible, as the Apple Pencil seems uncontrollable and the curve becomes not smooth (The letter c, s and number 3 looks pretty ugly because of it). I thought that was my equipment’s problem, but then I tried notability and procreate and my handwriting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to be able to export study sets and/or flashcards into a printable form that would be the size of a notecard, to be folded over and made into a physical card.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have an option to have a delay of the apple pencil but in return for smoother lines, like procreate. Many people use tempered glass protectors which forcibly results in wobbly curved lines especially when drawing diagrams. A toggle or button to turn on a smoothing feature for drawing diagrams would be great

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Figma or Miro makes it quick to get started, rather than making your own structure from the scratch.
    Part of it can be figured out by Goodnotes team such as todos or calendars, maybe more for the power users such as SCAMPER or customer journey. The rest of it can be left upto the community to be figured out on their own.

It is essential for the Templates to be accessible in-app. Search and download. Having favorite templates marked down for quick access in every category, maybe have some AI magic in place to change the color theme real quick.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. choosing a tool -> adjusting the size -> changing the color = desired preset
    it's a long process and one would not do it everytime while switching between headlines or a quick circle around a segment.
    It'd be very convenient to have such presets in place, so the user can customize it to their liking and take down notes in their desired styling

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to change the layout. Being able to move the tools, preferably to the left as i can use my left hand to select the tool/color i want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To greatly improve the quality of this application, in terms of practicality and time saving, I suggest:
    - have an "eyedropper" mode, to select a color already present on its page and be able to use it
    - to be able to have a filling function of our shapes and our diagrams, without having to spend time coloring
    - offer more style of pens

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't always download files from iCloud and then load them back into Goodnotes. Where is the sense? Direct folder linking from iCloud folders in GoodNotes 5 would improve the work process enormously. For example, open PDF files directly and edit them in GN and then close them with one click and everything is saved in iCloud again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recognize phone numbers

Similar to Apple Notes, have an automatic phone number recognition for instant dial-up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?