Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

592 results found

1. I use GoodNotes for my lectures. I wish GoodNotes had an option where the pages transition like a presentation (just a clean jump to the next page rather than a page-turn effect), as if I were presenting from a pdf viewer, Google slides, etc. That way, I would be able to use GoodNotes for all my presentations where I uncover blocks of texts across slides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can be done by setting the preference of the presentation mode to “always show full page”. Page transitions won’t be visible for your audience which allows you to create “powerpoint-like” transitions or even flipbook animations where each page is one frame of an animation.

2. I can’t find any tutorials on using GoodNotes as my home electronic filing system. I want to replace a filing cabinet of letters (in and out), invoices, contracts etc.

A typical issue is stapling together a covering letter and a few attachments. I don’t see how to do this. There will probably be more things I get stumped on that someone else has understood a good way to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not sure if there is a single tutorial online that explains your exact use case as your requirements could be quite specific. We definitely recommend searching for something like “paperless organization with GoodNotes”, which should bring you closer to helpful tutorials that other people have produced. From our end, there are a couple of things we would recommend checking out in particular as it could help you to understand more on how to use GoodNotes’ features to accomplish what you would like to do.

Visit our help center on support.goodnotes.com and read through the guides for the following features:
    - Importing files into GoodNotes
    - Copying or moving pages from one document to another in GoodNotes 5
    - Reordering pages in a document
    - Deleting pages and covers in GoodNotes 5
    - Creating a folder in GoodNotes 5

Understanding these should enable you to creating single files that consist…

3. Templates for cursive writing or “how to make your handwriting better “ ..

Column Organizational structure like Mac finder

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would love the ability to disable Auto-Lock while using iPad. This would prevent screen from turning off/locking while listening to a lecture or meeting/jotting down notes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes already supports the same scanning feature like the Notes app. To scan a document, tap on the + button in the library view and select “Scan”. You can also add scanned pages to an existing document by tapping on the “add page” button in the navigation bar and choosing “scan”.

6. I have many pdf blueprint sheets in a blueprint of a building. I would like to be able to select 1 or many, duplicate just those selected, modify accordingly, move them to a new folder either in the master folder or in a new folder and then send the folder to others. This way only the relevant blueprints are being viewed by the recipient and I can keep my original blueprint unchanged. Would be very handy for questions and answers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm using the backup feature together with my dropbox. Whenever I'm commenting a PDF, after each edit, Goodnotes saves a backup on dropbox, which after a while leads to +30GB of dropbox cache. (That is, it fills my free hard disk space completely.) This can only be solved deleting the cache manually. There is no such problem with my dropbox using any other app. Please help! (I'm on a Mac, using Goodnotes for iPad, all OS updated to newest version.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you have enabled the “Automatic Backup” feature to Dropbox, which is expected to exactly what you described. You can disable it in Menu > Settings > Automatic Backup.

8. It would be efficient and productive to be able to set a default font. Perhaps there is a way and I don’t know how to navigate it yet. But right now, every time I use the text box, and while I’ve already changed the font, it will default back to Helvetica Neue. Not a bad font, I just have work & schoolwork that requires a different font. It would be nice to just pick that font and stay until I decide otherwise.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello, it would be great to update GoodNotes on Mac to work natively on Apple Silicon.
    I know that it works great with the translation thanks to Rosetta 2 but I would like to know if you plan to release an Universal version ?

Thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Good day. While most of my eBooks fit 300-1000 pages in around 5-20 MB, writing 10 pages in GoodNotes gives me larger files than that. I just don’t get why that is, after all the aforementioned eBooks are so small with so many pages. Also, exporting edited eBooks as a flattened PDF to reduce file size completely removes all outlines. I would really appreciate fixes to these problems. Otherwise I really enjoy your app, thanks!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The indexed handwriting and text is increasing the file size in GoodNotes. Otherwise, the text would not be searchable in the app or when you export it as PDF. You can disable it in Menu > Settings > Search Indexing.

We’re continuously trying to optimize it to reduce the file size. If there are documents that are way too large in your opinion, please share one of them with us by reporting a problem to our support team: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

11. There should be a way to stop pages from floating within the app window as we scroll up or down (in reading mode). Very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not to look a “gift horse I’m the mouth” but though this has been addressed via changing a setting in the highlight tool each time, it’s not like in Notability, where you can erase the highlight without having to change a setting each time. The Eraser automatically recognizes there’s highlight and erases it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no need to change the setting of the eraser every time you want to erase highlighting. If “Erase Highlighter Only” is disabled, then GoodNotes will erase highlighting and ink strokes. If it is enabled, GoodNotes will only erase highlighter strokes, which allows you to remove highlighting on top of your ink without also removing the ink.

13. It would be nice to be able to see the location of the document found in the “search” results. Now, we see the search result document, but cannot know it’s exact folder location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If you accidentally click next to the flashcards, the window closes and says the query is finished. The next times only the flashcards are queried until the termination. It would be nice if this could be changed in the next update because it is a hindrance to learning. The function and GoodNotes itself is really great, thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I’d like a note app that will improve my hand writing (hand printing). Converting to typed text takes too long. I would like the app to recognize a letter; a, b, c, A, B, C then reshape it and align it. I use this app for presentations. A written sentence is accompanied by a hand drawn diagram to the right of the text.

If a competitor has this feature, can you please notify me?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Here is a common inconvenience: I am writing in a notebook. I hit the "<" icon in the top left and enter the "Documents" view where I can see all the folder structure. From here, there is no easy way to return to the notebook view - I must open a notebook or create a new one just to get back to my current notebook to carry on writing.

This is a particularly annoying problem when your position in the folder hierarchy in the "Documents" view does not contain your current notebook. Then you have to open a notebook you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ask the flashcards after the level: hard, good, easy. So that cards that you don’t know so well are asked at shorter time intervals than cards which you already know well. This also implies a random order of the flashcards, which would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Flashcards in GoodNotes are using an algorithm that shows you cards more frequently, the harder you find them to answer.
    We are planning to add randomization in one of the next updates.

18. Please help & allow us to change the size of inserted page !
    Thanks !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please let us know if we can insert a new page in customed size. For example : 30 (H) x 150 (W) mm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have apple products but I have a windows desktop. I would love to be able to view my notes on my desktop when I'm far away from my tablet. Would it be viable to have a way to view notes from a non-mac device? Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?