Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

592 results found

1. How About, We Have Students In Our Class Use GoodNotes?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. There is no limitation on who can use GoodNotes. The app is available through Apple’s Volume Purchase Program for educational institutions, so you can even get it at a cheaper price when you buy multiple licenses for your students.

2. Being able to remove color presets without having to also remove all other added presets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A button to automatically resize documents according to screen size of your device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A white color version of the legal writing papers would be great. I've been using the white single column but a margin would make note taking more efficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Title is pretty much straightforward. I'm tired of exporting my notes into One Note just so that I can see them on my PC. I would like this to be automatic and I don't think I'm the only one out there who would like this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm a Japanese YouTuber who introduces how to use the iPad.
    There are about 70,000 subscribers.

Here is my YouTube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9D8vopYTSvGIdzyH6e_3oA?view_as=subscriber

I took a survey on YouTube about the features I want to add to GoodNotes 5.
    The number of votes in the questionnaire was 5363.
    The most popular vote was the ability to display pages in a two-page spread.
    Would you please consider this spread display function?

Breakdown of the questionnaire (5363 votes)
    ① Open the page with a spread (40%)
    ② Voice recording (8%)
    ③ Both (52%)

GoodNotes 5 is the best app.
    Thank you for making…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a lot for sharing the feedback with us here. We have implemented the ability to view two documents or pages side by side a while ago. You can read more about it here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001118635-Opening-GoodNotes-in-multiple-windows-on-iPadOS

It allows for a great deal of flexibility and there are many different ways how you can accomplish this. It would be awesome if you could educate your followers about that too, so that more people know about it. We have noted the request about audio recording.

Would you mind sending us an email to press@goodnotes.com? We’d love to connect you with our marketing team so that we could talk about some possible promotions or giveaways.

7. I personally and many people like to revise their notes by writing over it again or marking over it, then and now so that I am not sitting and just revising notes. This markmaking over notes while revising helps me engage with notes.
    So, if I can clear page contents of that day only all my unnecessary marking would be gone in one shot instead of erasing the marks manually

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To be able to write a document on a single page, a very long page. Because when you write a mathematical demonstration and you always have to go from one page to another to see what you have written, it is not practical. Whereas if it were a single page, you would always have what you have just written above what you want to write, and not on a previous page. Digital technology makes it possible to have very long pages. It's a shame to be limited by the page length that exists in the physical world.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

From what we read it sounds like you should be able to accomplish what you want by setting the scrolling direction to “vertical” in the … menu. This will allow you to see the page above while you already write on the next page.

9. Would be great if imported PDF files can be searchable just like scanned pictures and handwritings. In my notebooks I import PDF more often than I take a picture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most PDFs that have been digitally created are already searchable in GoodNotes. There are some PDFs that have been scanned by older scanners which don’t support OCR which means they will not be searchable. We’re interested to make this possible in the future too.

10. I'm teacher with several classes and I have many folders and documents, buy sometimes I need tyo return home or root to fins another doc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would be nice for students to have the ability to draw organic chemistry molecules on a template

It would save us a lot of time and would look much much better

Please add it 🙏🏻

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the ability to share a document with both parties able to add handwritten notes at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I highlight a lot of text and therefore have to constantly switch between different colours. Is there a way to have another shortcut on the Apple pencil for switching pen colours (similar to switching between an eraser and a pen)?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Apple Pencil 2 supports a double-tap gesture that you can configure in the iPad Settings under Apple Pencil. It allows you to switch back and forth between different tools. GoodNotes follows the system settings for this gesture.

14. Wichtig wäre für mich die Möglichkeit, dass sich das iPad nicht ausschaltet. GoodNotes sollte eine Einstellungsmöglichkeiten besitzen, die das automatische Ausschalten des iPads verhindert.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow certain parts of paper to be overlayed in a specific colour, this makes it easier for notes to stand out in areas they are needed, sort of like a text box

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is either possible by using the highlighter or adding a filled shape with the border removed. Enable color fill in the shape options > draw a shape (i.e. a large rectangle) > tap the undo button to remove the border.

16. It would be so useful to have the option to transform the selection, like in adobe. Adding or subtracting parts of the selection, resizing it...

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We cannot use the app on my daughters device even though it is mentioned that it is usable within Apple family

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear about that. If Family Sharing is not working properly, please contact Apple’s Support. GoodNotes is available via Family Sharing but it can’t be an issue of the app itself. Instead, it is likely related to your account or the App Store – something we, unfortunately, can not help you with. Apple’s support should be able to help you with it quickly.

18. PLEASE build an option to deactivate „Drawing perfect lines, curves, and shapes“. It is not welcome in any situation!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Apple released new Mac Books with new Chips called "M1". Programms have to be optimized, bevor they can be used with the new Mac Books. I have a new MacBook now and want to use GoodNotes, so it would be perfect, if you will upgrade the GoodNotes App for Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. it would be great to have an interface, that you can circle around handwritten text in Goodnotes and send this as a new task to your task manager.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes already supports the necessary technology for this but it depends on your task managers if they support the format.
    You can try dragging an dropping your handwriting in the task manager or sharing it directly via the share sheet after converting your handwriting.
    Check out this article to learn how to do it: https://medium.goodnotes.com/6-examples-of-how-to-use-the-ipads-drag-and-drop-features-to-boost-your-productivity-ec32a50b5052

• Don't see your idea?