Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7114 results found

1. I hope you consider the zoom writing page on the right side. Just to let you know, I’m using 2 windows just to write. And I’m writing this way, as it is more convenient. Lol and the tools should be on the right side too, when this happens - for convenience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be useful, once a single recording is selected, to be able to show only that single audio in the toolbar and not all the recordings glued together, because the more recordings one has, the harder it becomes to navigate them with precision and accuracy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So if someone has set up a database like DevonThink or their own folder hierarchy, they cannot save a GoodNotes file there. This is an extremely significant disadvantage for the workflow. Additionally, there are no deeplinks for individual documents or folders, which hinders the workflow when working with mind maps or similar tools.

I kindly request that GoodNotes improve in terms of deeplinking and individual saving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In other apps like Notability, the scrolling is quite fast and "normal". When I tried to switch to GoodNotes, the first thing I realized is the fairly slow scrolling. Please make the scrolling faster because it can get really annoying trying to scroll around finding notes but it takes too long.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make GoodNotes available for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5. I see it gave an Early Accees for only Samsungs Tablets. I think it can work the same on Xiaomi Tablet Devices with Sytlus support. Is it the same technologie and a very well Tablet with a good price.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A flat marker pen like for flipcharts would be really great. For the highligter and the writing pen.

Also a streamline option (with the ability to set the strongness of the streamline) for the pens and highlighters would be also great to smooth out the handwriting. Just like you can set it in procreate.

Thanks a lot!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As a dedicated user of GoodNotes, I have been exploring the app's features and functionality, and I believe there is an opportunity to improve the app's highlighter and pen thickness options. Currently, the available thickness sizes are limited, and it can be challenging to find the ideal thickness size for specific note-taking situations. This can have a significant impact on the user experience, making it difficult to achieve the desired level of precision and accuracy.

Therefore, I suggest that GoodNotes consider expanding the range of available thickness sizes for both highlighters and pens. Alternatively, it would be helpful to have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Circle any object or text that adds a reminder or the ability to “save clip” prompt to come back later or get a notification about it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For example, I have different colours for Cornell-styled templates uploaded in the same Group of Templates.
    If I were to drag open a new page when I am writing on a Notebook, it would be cool and existing if the next colour is randomised.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wenn ich ein Dokument einscannen will und das Dokument in Querformat ist wird es im GoodNotes immer ein Hochvormat erstellt. Cool wäre, wenn das Vormat beim einscannen übernommen wird.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I often use the automatic snap/straighten feature to straighten lines and attach them to circles.

However I get mad every time because the snap feature attaches the line at odd positions on the circles. I would expect lines to be attached at points distanced by 30 or 45 degrees.

What happens is that every time I have to edit manually the attach position of the line.

You can see from the image and the short video that the straight line is tilted.

Can this issue be fixed?

I also attach the same example with two rectangles: there is no issue…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use the stroke thickness A LOT.

The new update has hidden the stroke width selectors.
    I understand that you need the space for more colors, and am fine with the updated setup.

A “swipe up/down on icon” gesture to change the stroke’s thickness solves my problem pretty well, without needing a buttons and layout redesign.

The current 2 tap design has killed off my speed. I didn’t realise that a single additional tap would derail me so much.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be very helpful to split screen with vertically stacked screens so that Ipads can be used in the portrait orientation and make effective use of the screen space.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Siri shortcuts in general would be nice to use for different tasks like templating or exporting as pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Return the one touch thickness presets.

I appreciate the new update, which enables me to add more than three colors options, but it has removed the quick selection function for changing the line thickness. I often change the line thickness and the updated version of GoodNotes turns this into a three-step process where the previous version This was just a one quick tap.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be extremely beneficial to adopt some formatting options for text, bulleted lists, and outlines similar to typical document editing programs, such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs. While the app is currently great, the lack of an option to create an outline-style text box is a huge inconvenience. If you could make an outline with roman numerals and tab over for uniform subsections the app could save countless frustrating situations that students face having to use multiple document programs. While this may seem like a small problem, it is the only thing preventing GoodNotes from completely perfecting the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When adding (pasting) pages to a existed document, it would be great if the width of the added page is adaptive to the width of the existing pages if all pages of the document are of the same size. If not all pages are of the same size, then allow users to choose the width, e.g. existing page width (A3/A4/…), same as preceding page, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am not able to search for the notes(both typing and handwriting notes) in study sets. Please allow us to search for the contents in the Study Sets

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?