Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

23 results found

1. I'm using GN5 to read my Q&A textbook, and I want to be able to erase my markings so that I can reuse my book, but it's tedious having to go through each page individually and press clear page. I want to be able to press Clear Document

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have a feature that summarise what is written at the end of the day to revise or recap the important ideas across different notebooks. Show "card-like" pages sorted by different notes/folder. A good way to review what we've learn and to slows down forgetting curve.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You need to deeply think through the workflow around signing complex documents. Apple Mail now handles simple signatures directly within the email app. But this doesn't always work.

The workflow with Goodnotes (and all other apps, mostly because of sandboxing of common document types like PDF, which should not be sandboxed because they do no harm--but no one on the planet will convince Apple because Jobs didn't like file systems and no one at Apple can contest the memories of the infallible Jobs). Phew.

There are several problems specific to Goodnotes for this obvious and common business scenario:
    1. Goodnotes…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your detailed feedback about the email workflows. In fact, we are thinking about this and have implemented a feature that should shorten these steps for you already and let you automate parts of it to a certain extent. We call it “Email to GoodNotes”. It allows you to automatically import PDF attachments to emails that are sent to a unique GoodNotes email address.
    You can read more about it here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000477276-Using-Email-to-GoodNotes-for-importing-PDF-files

By using services like Zapier or IFTTT, you can also automatically forward email to this address, so that PDF attachments will always show up in your GoodNotes “inbox” when your defined criteria are met (for example from a specific sender).

Of course, this doesn’t yet help for the step of the workflow where you have to send the file back.

4. Hi, goodnotes developers.
    I've been using goodnotes application for years and I think Goodnotes 5 should have a "Categories" shourcut as in goodnotes 4. It's more convenient than tapping "back" again and again until I reach the main documents page. I have many subfolders so that shoutcut is what goodnotes 5/6/7 or whatever should have. Hope you consider this problem. I'm certainly sure that it's not inly me who feel uncomfotable about this. Thank you for your hard working!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll see what we can do about it in the future. In the meantime, you can avoid having to tap the back button multiple times and instead tap on the “Documents” icon in the tab bar at the bottom to jump straight to the root folder level.

5. Viewing 2 pages and be able to edit both on the same page on an iPad. Like how you can view a pdf in acrobat but in a way on good notes so you can edit them both.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The grey paper templates are good, but a lot of colours don't look good on grey.

Kindly add completely black templates.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add concept pages that are basically inside the document as all others, but aren’t put into a pdf fíle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting your feedback. We’ll consider it for future updates. In the meantime, you can select the exact pages you want to export in the thumbnail view and deselect the “concept” pages.

8. Es wäre hilfreich, wenn es die Lernkarten auch als linierte oder karierte Lernkarten geben würde. Dann könnte man handschriftlich schöner darauf schreiben.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your idea. We will add more Flash Card templates in future updates. In the meantime, please import your own custom templates and configure them as flash cards. You can do so in Menu > Notebook Templates > Edit > … > Toggle the “Flash Card” button

9. After drawing a shape it'd be nice if we could have the option to remove its border, leaving only the semi-transparent filling. I draw lots of 3D shapes and the semi-transparent filling helps indicating the object's depth, but the borders make the object look cluttered.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would love to see a feature where you can screen record yourself writing/drawing a section of your notes, having it save as a gif and then can be replayed anytime within the notes page. Like having small animations embedded within your own notes (resizable and movable like a mini-player), creating more dynamic pages.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the "Documents" app, if you open multiple pdf files and touch the currently open tab, the "Close other tabs" menu appears. So, you can easily organize unnecessary tabs except for the pdf file you are currently viewing.
    However, the "Goodnotes 5" app shows serious inconvenience and inefficiency in opening a new window, removing unnecessary windows, and then finding and opening the required pdf file again.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. In the meantime, please try disabling the ability to automatically open documents as new tabs in GoodNotes > Menu > Settings > Document Editing. You can still open documents as new tabs by tapping on the drop down arrow next to their name in the library view. The best way to open a previously opened document is from the search tab in the “Previously Opened Documents” section.

12. Can you add a threshold setting for Apple Pencil sensitivity? That way it would ignore the pencil if there wasn't enough pressure applied to the screen. It would really help people who accidentally link letters together while writing in a print/cursive mix.

I imagine a slider setting somewhere that you can move about and pick the threshold thats best for you.

Currently all of my writing jumbles terribly since all contact is recorded, unlike writing with a pencil on paper where very light touches are barely visible.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be helpful if when vertically scrolling through documents it does not move side to side. This is very frustrating when trying to review and highlight numerous documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This usually happens when there is at least one page in the document that either has a different orientation (landscape) or is larger than the pages you’re currently looking at. Please try locating this page and remove it if possible to avoid the problem. We’ll see what we can do to handle page scrolling better in cases like this.

14. A button with which I can close every opened document and even the last open window at once would be very great because sometimes I find it quite annoying when I open GoodNotes and when opening a document the last one ist still opened in an other window.
    I would be very happy with a new feature like this.
    Maybe it would be possible to do it like this:
    if you hold the go back button (with which i can go out of the opened document viewer) a button appears which says something like: close all windows
    Thank you already…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. In the meantime, you can try the following:

In GoodNotes > Menu > Settings > Document Editing, disable the option to “Always open documents as new tabs”.

If this is disabled, new documents won’t be opened as new tabs all the time. Instead, you can only open one document at a time, or use the option to “open in a new tab” from the action menu. Tap on the down arrow next to the notebook thumbnail in the library to open the action menu.

15. Sometimes I want to get an overview of my notes by checking the correlations between them
    Make it more like a pdf reader so I can read two or more pages at one time

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. For now, please try opening the same document in two windows side by side. You can drag and drop the page from thumbnail view to the side and navigate both windows independently.

16. Please create a squared A4 Page
    (with two or 4 holes, where it can be perforated when it´s print out)
    (with 41 squares)
    , like a real college notebook.

This would really facilitate my learning routine!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to insert larger pages where required. I see from a previous response that continuos pages aren't an option for various good reasons. However, the ability to have larger pages that you can scroll around, zoom in, zoom out on would be useful. There are times when you need to put a lot of information on one page.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be ingenious if you could generally scroll vertically in a document, but horizontally in parts (for example with an inserted PDF file), so that the PDF appears as a unit.
    This would make the overview much easier and would be a unique selling point.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We considered that but found that it introduces a lot of complexity and is hard to understand for most users. You can quickly change the scrolling direction in the … menu in an open document.

19. Before confirming deletion, could the dialog include the name of the notebook I am about to delete? I often feel unsure whether I tapped on the right document.

Just if other users would find such feature useful as well...

Thanks for a lovely product!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll consider it. In the meantime, you can always use the recovery feature in the trash to recover accidentally deleted documents. You can find the trash in the menu.

20. As a student I like to use different colours for different subjects - I think pastel coloured A4 templates with both narrow and wide rulings plus a margin would be very useful.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?