Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. I much prefered it when we could toggle the shape tool on and off(goodnotes 4), rather than having a shape tool that only really works with the pen tool and not the highlighter tool. The highlighter shape recognition is missing, why? You can draw a straight line with the highlighter, but if you want to do anything more complex like geometry it does not work.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection, and curve drawing. This also works with the highlighter and can be used to draw shapes other than lines with it.

2. Do draw graphs without having squiggly lines. For maths, economics, physics etc.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

3. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

4. Can you please advise hwo to sync to OneDrive using GoodNotes 5? Thanks.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I'm taking notes, I prefer fountain pan to write but ball pen to draw shapes. It would be great if the pen style of writing pen could be disassociated from shape tools.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

6. I wish we were able to use the highlighter at the same time as the shape tool in GN 5 was we did in GN 4. If I wanted to highlight a circle in GN 5 I couldn't use the shape tool to fix my circle in GN 5. Just a suggestion.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would be nice to have the possibility, to create auto-backups in two file formats at the same time (pdf and GoddNotes file).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I start the app, it says I need to enable bluetooth in order to use external accessories. Well, I don't have any external accessories I want to use with GoodNotes. Please move this dialog into the settings area for external accessories.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love to see the ability to store common shapes or drawings in a "Shape Library" to minimize recreation work. My current workaround is typically to have these on a blank page in a notebook and go back and forth copying/pasting, but this is inefficient.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. please add feature for mac desktop app editable.
    highlighting(the most desired feature), memo, ...
    and view 2 pages at the same time.(left page, right page)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Jot Script support for iPhone, now it just works with iPad but it is actually really nice to write on the iPhone to, thanks to the zoom feature!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am planning to upgrade to ios7. Before I upgrade, I would like to know if goodnotes is compatible with ios7. Thanks!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide GoodNotes users a way to customize the color of folders to keep all files from looking the same. Renaming the files is also a good way to keep them organized, but so many people associate certain colors with certain subjects. This would up the organization game so much!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I like to underline titles and definitions, but in a fast-paced lecture it's cumbersome to select the shape tool, draw the line, then turn off the shape tool. Half the time I forget to turn it off and then make a mistake that takes even more time to fix. It would be a nice quality of life change to make it so that when you hold down the pen after drawing a manual line, it becomes a straight line a la the shape tool. It is the number one thing I miss about Notability.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. when a new page is created, the page number appears and one of the corners of the document. The user can specify where are the page numbers go

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest update GoodNotes 5.5 is now available on the App Store. While scrolling through your document, you can now see the current page number and the total number of pages in this document. If you don’t like to see the page numbers, you can disable it in Menu > Settings > Document Editing.

16. In order for a highlighter to be seen in dark mode or using a dark themed paper is if you use the ‘Shape Tool’ fill in function. I don’t want to circle or box specific words or sentences in order to highlight. Please adjust code as this should be a quick add since it somewhat works already but not the way it should.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The recognition feature is great but i miss the opportunity to make precise rectangles like in OneNote or in Notability with the shape mode that launches when you hold the pencil stil.

Moving the corners of a shape ex a rectangle and enabling a background color in the later run would be lit as well

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Integration and especially synchronization with cloud services such as Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi Goodnotes Team,
    As like many others, I use my iPad, iPhone and Mac interchangeably for my school and education. It would be really convenient if you could make a Mac version of GoodNotes 5.

P.S. We would also appreciate if Family Sharing was on. :)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Hard to draw a straight line with the Highlighter (Draw in Straight Line activated)
    • Can't draw any rectangular or square boxes with the highlighter anymore
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?