Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6977 results found

1. Export
    - a chapter of a notebook (= a few pages which belong togehter) as pdf or
    - all notebooks in one pdf

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Due to the existence of arxiv, many people, take me as an example, will download preprint versions of an article and after quite sometime, when the published version appeared, one should also include that into the database. Now we have one preprint with your notes or comments on it, and another published one with higher reliability, it seems necessary to pin these two(or more) together to make life easier. Or if there are better solutions, welcome to comment!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Suppose I have a 400 page textbook. I made an annotation somewhere in the PDF. No idea where, but I need to view/modify it. I need a way to view only the annotated pages from my notebook.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I usually use GoodNote to take note from lecture and 80% of the time, the palm rejection did a good job. However, once in a while, the palm rejection will fail and it accepts the input from my resting fingers, which cause the unwanted zoom-in/zoom-out or movement of the page. This situation is very annoying because I have to adjust back to the original size and position of the page and keep writing. Sometimes this happen when I am still taking the note, and it really stop me from focusing the content on the lecture. I personally don't like my…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. While creating a shape, it is possible to freely change its proportions (ie, a square into a rectangle, or a circle into an ellipse). Afterwards, however, these proportions become locked: the 'resize' function works in effect as 'rescale'. I often find, however, that I need to change them, f. example if I am using the shape to outline some handwritten text, and I add to that text. I often end up having to redraw the entire shape.

All you would need to do is to let the 'resize' option work for shapes in the same way as it already does…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to be able to magnify the Page Grid View, i.e., increase the size of the Pages that I see in the Grid View. Yes, I would see less, but I'd be able to read the multiple pages at once.

It helps me greatly to "see" multiple pages of what I wrote at once wrt to gaining a sense if the story arch I'm going for is there. I dont need to be able to read small words, but I would like to see large print, sketches, and other large objects on a page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I like writing on a black paper but then prefer to learn with a white one (also for exporting for my classmates and print). It would be awesome If we could for example set that everything written in white switches to black along with the paper. Bonus If we could set the other colours too.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the app, highlighters are perfect, they lay behind the text, making it pop, and still doesn’t bother when reading it over again. When I want to convert my notes to share it with others, or printing it, PDF looks the best, sharpest. But after converting it, the highlight lays on top of the note making it less nice, and less readable. Is there any chance that we can still enjoy the notes as nice and sharp, even after converted to a PDF?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Just like the topic say so users can customize their file icons so it would be more fun :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Optional (on/off or even multiples of X degrees) angle snap for lines. Example: setting: every 15 degrees, if I drew a line and held it between 28 and 32 degrees, it would automatically snap to 30 degrees. As an engineering student who draws a lot of shapes, it would be awesome.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Zoom Notes offers a handwriting/calligraphy pen. Step up the game and offer more pens. Give GoodNotes 5 an updo and catch up with Noteshelf and Zoom Notes pen options for hand written documents that need a style. I never use the boring pens GoodNotes 5 has to offer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello,

I like GoodNotes concept of having multiple pages instead of one infinite one, but I find it too hard to quickly move text between pages.

This is why I suggest adding a "Move to next page" button that pops up once I move part of the selection outside of the page's borders (see attached image for a demonstration of how this could work).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I wish I can minimize the title bar, so I can I have a larger space to work with

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Good Note is really good and I use it very well, but I have an opinion for a better note. For example, when I am studying English and try to write the meaning of an English word, I sometimes have to write the meaning very small in the English study materials because I don't have space to write the meaning in the English study materials. In case of this, it would be nice to have a function that allows you to see the meaning of the English word that I entered in advance by pressing the word. And if you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I use Google Drive to view my docs on GoodNotes through other devices, to save the my iCloud storage space for other things.

I would appreciate an extension of the Collaborate Feature on Goodnotes to extend to Sharing a link through Google Drive as well, not just iCloud, if it is feasible.

Thank you for the amazing app! I love having one location for all my notes on different subjects!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. IOS Sharing direct to Goodnotes irregardless of what the source application is. Currently Evernote and OneNote appear to be able to receive just about any share from any application on MacOs and IOS. Screenshot attached of a sample of what they are able to do. I also have a screen shot of how I can send an application to either Evernote or OneNote. Being able to share an output directly from an app into Goodnotes removes a 1 or 2 step necessity that would require a user to transform the output into pdf and then go into Goodnotes and import…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would like to be able to know when shared doc was last edited and by who!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love a dropper feature where if you have a palette you can pick a color from there for font colors.
    Also a feature to move things to the back or to the front.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notability has the feature of partial erase that erase by pixel rather than in blocks as GoodNotes has. This is important to people who draw their notes and make cartoons or diagrams.

In GoodNotes, the eraser sizes are limited to three, and the smallest is way too large while the largest is too small.

In GoodNotes, if I am erasing partially, the stroke is erased block by block and this prevents accurate erasure. It should work as accurately as the pens do.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?