Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6977 results found

1. I think it would be very useful to have the ability to see and reorganize the list of open tabs. This way, when I have 20+ tabs open and I’m viewing the last document but also need to access the first tab I don’t need to swipe all the way to the first tab but can pull open the list view and click directly two the desired tab. If I find that I need to consistently switch between the two, I can reorganize the tabs and place them right next to each other.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is just a nonsense to not be available.. all we need is the exact same thing as the pencil stroke thickness, but for the eraser..

Simple as that, the same 3 quick eraser sizes/thickness, but with the ability to customize those sizes, plzzzz... its 2020 and its a "simple" feature

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In this app the lasso tool is almost flawless, exept when you use it to copy an image from one note to the other.. you have to take a screenshot and then drag it or copy and past, when you could just lasso it and all those option would appear as floating options and we wouldnt be moved to a new page with only the screenshot of the image. Think about it ;)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I need a slide bar for finding document pages accurately like GoodReader.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need favourites form for pencil, highlighter and text.
    I usually use Good note 5 for Studying, and I feel it is not comfortable to using.
    If you make a form that I can set up my favourites pencil especially a typeof pencil and colour and what ever, It would be very useful for people. Also the Text function has problem. when i want to change the font, it is very inconvenience. Because you even didn't have "recently use".
    I really like Good note5. But some functions are really improved.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sorry, i really think that good notes was the best app overall to writing and using as notebook, but there's so much more user friendly features in notability that i cant live without.. and i used both apps arround the same time. Ill say the features you could had to make this app simply perfect:
    — the lack of a dark theme unless we get system wide dark mode is a bummer as i find your dark theme pretty good but i hate to use ios in dark mode
    — the tool bar has too many items and takes valuable…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I usually write notes using the zoomed window at the top of the iPad because I consider more comfortable to rest my wrist on the glass than on the border of the tablet. Due to this position, I often tap the color/thickness/undo/redo/new page controls with my wrist. Could it be possible to have both the zoom window and the toolbar at the top or maybe near the zoom window’s one, or to have a touch rejection feature that disables the toolbar when the Pencil or the wrist are touching the screen?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Is it possible to "collapse" a text note ? I'm reading a PDF document, making handwritten notes. I want to type a long note, with some text copied from Wikipedia, but I don't want to have the text taking all the space. So, is it possible to make the note collapse like a "yellow sticky note", so I can see it is there but not taking all the space. If I click on the "sticky note" it would "uncollapse" so I can read it or edit it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I wish to be able to choose which documents to share to devices, and which to leave in the clouds. I want my planner on my phone and iPad, but I don’t need my notes from work on my iPad.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My intended primary use for Goodnotes is to markup PDFs. These PDFs are already organised in Google Drive, and I would like to edit these files directly (rather than having the edited versions saved elsewhere).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It is very awkward for left-handed people to resize lasso-ed items by dragging the lower left corner. Would be great if the delete and resize buttons (in opposite corners) could be reversed for lefties!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I tend to paste images of text or diagrams onto my notes and I find myself using freehand cropping more often. I was wondering if there was a way to make my freehand lines straight? The best way I can describe it is I want my cropped images to look like a Tetris piece instead of a sloppy cropping. I can’t draw in a straight line and I would love for my freehand cropped images had clean lines.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a filter to show only pages with annotations in the document.
    That way we could only export pages with annotations .

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For the users who have their Goodnotes app on their personal devices and use Mac at work, it would be great to give them the option of signing in our personal iCloud account on the Mac from Goodnotes (instead of using the system iCloud account, which belongs to the company).

I could sign in Appstore with my personal Apple ID and download Goodnotes for free on my company Mac but I cant use it since it doesnt sync with my own iCloud account.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. text fonts and sizes are not convenient to change, and after moving text box, the horizontal length of text box is fixed and this bothers so much.

plus, there is a storage bug in automatic backup...while writing with backup on, many gigabites of storage disappears

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To address the battery drain issue maybe you could implement a feature in which the software transforms strokes into vectors just every 10 seconds or so instead of doing it instantly. Or maybe an option in which one can deactivate vectoring on pdf files, where in my opinion it is not really necessary. This problem is huge! 15-20 % drain in 1 hour of use is unacceptable. Despite preferring GoodNotes, this is the reason I really am considering Switching to Notability.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add deleting pages to the undo stack so that clicking undo right after deleting a page or pages, will bring them back.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Unlike MacOS Preview GoodNotes for MacOS (version 5.4.14) does not seem to support navigation using PageUp and PageDown Buttons (on Macintosh extended Keyboards like with an iMac Pro). It would be good if GoodNotes for MacOS had a more intuitive navigation which would render it more seamless to migrate from Preview to GoodNotes. Thx.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to be able to mark a page or notebook for review and then be able to set a reminder notification.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I need better ability to type my notes, word processor style.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?