Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. Please Update the macOS App and make it ready for Goodnotes 5

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. GoodNotes is brilliant for taking notes on my iPad while I'm away, but it would be extremly helpful to have a version for mac where documents could be synced between both devices and modified on computer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow 2 page view. This enables student to read the pdf on one side, and take notes on the other side

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to announce that we have completed this feature. It is now available in the update GoodNotes 5.3 for iPadOS (13.1).

With the update, we added full support for iPadOS’ multiple windows. It lets you do much more than viewing two documents side by side. To read everything you need to know about opening multiple documents, please visit goodnotes.com/ipad-os.

How to open a new window:

You can now open GoodNotes in multiple windows to view two documents side by side, view two pages of the same document in Split View, or pair it with other apps in spaces across your entire system. To open a new window, drag any of the elements listed below to the side of your screen:

- the app icon from the dock
    - documents from the library
    - folders from the library
    - individual pages from the document thumbnail view
    - tabs from the…

4. Search in Notebook Title and boxes

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The shape recognition tool in GoodNotes 5 is severely lacking compared with other note programs. Often times the end of a line will be "straight" but skewed with the rest of the line. Is there any on going work with regards to improving this tool? Very hard to draw a square or rectangle unless a lot of effort is put into drawing it straight the first time. Very hard to draw field diagrams

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

6. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can you make GoodNotes for mac desktop so I can view and edit my noes on my desktop.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I organize all my studies using Goodnotes. Therefore I would love a flashcard mode where you can design the front and rear of a flash card using goodnotes and its great tools. Once the flash cards are filled with content you can flip the card an see the answer of the question on the front of the flash card. Cardflow+ has a good implementation of this idea.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. calculations. I often have the need to point to somewhere on the screen. Now I have to use the markup tool to do that, but I always have to undo before going on.

The best solution would be to show the cursor when hovering over the screen, but as far as I understand that is not possible with the Apple pencil.

Next best would be to have a " pointer" tool to point things out.

This could be some kind of tool that's quickly accessible in the toolbar.

Or maybe would be possible to use your finger as a pointer?…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes 5.2 is now available as an update on the App Store, including the new presentation mode. The new laser pointer now has two styles: dot & trail. Trail will create a laser “trail” that disappears after 1 second making it the perfect “pointer” device.

10. Thai language is very much needed so please consider adding Thai language in "Convert to Text" and I'll wholeheartedly recommend GoodNotes to everyone I know. :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I like being able to read my pdf's that I annotate on my desktop, but also want to back up the original goodnotes source. This would require minimal programming changes and would be a really nice change. Just allow us to select from checkboxes whether we want goodnotes, pdf, or both formats. (Or none)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to be able to import a PDF and have the hyperlinks in it still be clickable. I'm using the app part time for teaching over an Apple TV... Having a lesson outline PDF that I can add notes to is great... But also to have links that go out to the web would be awesome. An in-app browser would be ideal... But even opening in safari would be nice.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The current selection of covers is limited. I'd like a greater variety, please.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to automatically add page numbers in QuickNotes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest update GoodNotes 5.5 is now available on the App Store. While scrolling through your document, you can now see the current page number and the total number of pages in this document. If you don’t like to see the page numbers, you can disable it in Menu > Settings > Document Editing.

15. Add a magnetic help to make it easier to draw tables

Also force a smooth thickness when drawing a shape (to avoid what I got in the picture)
    Finally, make it easier to draw regular straight shapes, as I often get ellipses instead of rectangles

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

16. Being able to use the highlighter on a dark planner or note page would be great.
    Now the highlight is so opaque you can barely see it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. iOS 11 allows one to tap a locks screen and start writing notes

I suggest,
    The ability to hard press or when clicking the icon to open the app to a blank page straight away so you can immediately start writing

This can be set up as an option in the settings.
    The settings would allow you to choose default paper &/or cover which would later be saved when you finished writing. This way you don’t waste time opening the app starting a new doc, choosing the paper, cover, naming the book etc etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes 5 supports a new “QuickNote” feature. You can double tap the add button in the library to start a new blank note right away. Our new app supports Siri Shortcuts, which allows you to create a shortcut for a new QuickNote in the Shortcuts app. This way, you can add a button to your iPad homescreen or to the widget center that will create a new QuickNote in GoodNotes right away without having to access the app. The option to create a note from the lockscreen is restricted and not publicly available to third-party app developers unfortunately.

18. Google Drive authentication no longer works - cannot sync to Google Drive any longer. Please fix! I've seamlessly synced to Google Drive until this week (May 6, 2017).

Error 403 OAuth authorization request denied. Only web-browsers now allowed to make authorization requests, but there should be work arounds. Please update GoodNotes so that I can continue to use with my Google Drive files.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For those who want to customize their notebooks by adding stickers this is a very easy way to get nice stickers. Simply by downloading from app store any keyboard sticker app that you want, then insert a text box at goodnotes, switch the keyboard which belongs to the sticker app and finally copy or paste any sticker you want. I use chatsticker. Good luck

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the "presets" tab of the pen selection menu, the menu closes after i select a color and i have to open ist again to change the pen thickness as well.
    On the "custom" tab on the other hand, i can select a color AND adjust the thickness. The menu is closed by tabbing somewhere outside the menu or on the pen icon. Please let the "preset" tab work in the same way.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?