Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

592 results found

1. Enable a shortcut to get to a specific planner from home screen without scrolling through all of goodnotes projects

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The only time I use shape recognition is for highlighting notes or readings. It would be nice to have a setting in the highlighter options to keep shape recognition on for highlighting only. So I don't always have to turn shape recognition on and off while writing and highlighting notes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

3. I purchased the Mac App long before the IOS app. When i purchased the MAC app, I found little to no use for it. However, more recently, I got the apple pencil and saw SO many incredible reviews. So, I got the IOS app and was blown away. It is truly incredible. I notice that the updates are very frequent for the IOS app and takes care of any issues a user might be experiencing immediately. What I also noticed was that the MAC version of the very same app has not been updated since the end of July. Its…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If there was a way to turn notes into flash cards (or an option to create flash cards) for review or exportation

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right now I'm using GoodNotes for handwriting notes during a lecture, and Notability for typing up reading notes because GoodNotes DOES NOT make it easy to take type written notes. Please add a tap anywhere to start entering text, AND then stay in text mode until one goes out of text mode. That would allow me to use GoodNotes for every note taking task. Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I now use the Jot Touch 4 but I think the Adonit Jot Script will work better in my note-taking because of the smaller point (more accurate) and no discs (I feel like always being nimble with discs).

Are you going to make GoodNotes fully compatible with the Adonit Jot Script (palm rejection, maybe pressure sensitive and use of the pen-buttons to interact with GoodNotes)? I am buying the pen but I don't want to move to Penultimate. I gave tried it and it is slow. Thanks

Edwin

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Goodnotes is a great app---and getting better all the time. I would love to have the eraser tool on the zoom window tool bar. This would allow me to use the full screen mode when writing in the zoom window. This removes the main screen toolbar for better visibility of what I have already written.

Keep up the great work!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A lasso type tool that allows me to select a specific area the make a copy of everything inside the selection. Then paste and drag elsewhere in the doc or paste into another doc. This simple tool paired with everything else would allow you to manipulate images and documents freely.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Once a line is created using the shape tool, the user should be able to manipulate that line by lengthening and shortening it from either end. Additionally, line snapping needs improvement. Lines should snap to each other and to text boxes more efficiently.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

11. Currently it is not possible to change the color of machine text once you have left the text box.
    Please add a feature to change color of machine text later on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already change the color. Select the text tool in the toolbar if not already selected, and tap on the text box again. Then you can edit the text and also change the color.

12. I am always write with a fountain pen and draw shapes with a ball pen.
    And have to switch between these two pen styles.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In GoodNotes 4 I’m able to use the shape tool with everything but GoodNotes 5 is missing this feature. It seems like not a big problem but I like to circle things in my notes with highlighters and see know reason why GN5 doesn’t have this possibility.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. please add Editing function of PDF outlines(outlines’s names , hierarchys)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For the love of god, make it possible to back up to dropbox and google drive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. bugs bugs bugs everywhere and new bugs come after new updates !

DEVELOPER TEAAAAAM ,
    fix that shaping tool, it is just a waste of time to just trying to draw a even simple straight square !!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would it be possible to also display a „shape recognition“ icon within the „zoom window - toolbar“?

For me that would help make my note taking process more fluid, as I switch back and forth between on/off „shape recognition“ and moving all thereafter to Thermopylae left corner, interrupts the process. Having the same icon as part of the 2zoom window - toolbar“ would be great.

I hope this might be an easy one, as it would simply replicate the already available icon and state of both icons.

Thanks,
    Maximilian

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The App would be perfect if I could create Flashcards!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The line shape mode isn’t accurate and often moves the two points around, if it could be changed to something like notability has (where it snaps to straight lines and connects points by pressing and holding a pen stroke) that would be great

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd be nice if we were able to export or print only a select number of pages. We currently only have the option of exporting/printing the current page or all of them not a subset.

Thanks !

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?