Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. The same thing you made for the pogo connect just for the adonit jot touche

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. iPadOS 13.4 provides trackpad support (I’m using the 13.4 GM beta). In GoodNotes 5, however, the trackpad is not fully supported. For example, a two-finger swipe on the iPad changes pages, but a two-finger swipe on the trackpad does not. In the tab view, a touch on the “x” with your finger closes the document, but clicking on the “x” with the trackpad does nothing.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When export pdf files from goodnotes to the others and still keep the pdf outlines!! (It's always lost when sharing textbooks with my friend)

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please support the Adonit Jot Touch/Script/Pro on the iphone 6+.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have to open my Google Drive and use the Open In... feature to open my file in Goodnotes. Then to export my file back to Google Drive I have to export it to a different app such as Dropbox or Notability, then re-export it to Google Drive.

It's Annoying

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please make app compatible with GoogleDrive, like you have done with Dropbox, etc. Thanks!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I use GoodNotes for math notes and frequently I want to draw a single straight line (likes a large fraction bar) and go back to writing without shape conversion. Notability has a nice shortcut for this where you draw a line and hold it in place to automatically draw a straight line; it would be nice if GoodNotes could add this.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

8. Provide a search box in the notebooks view

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding white document templates.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would suggest to show the previous page of the same notebook when using the iPad in Landscape mode. In this case you can use the app like a normal notepad where you can read what you wrote on the previous page.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to announce that we have completed this feature. It is now available in the update GoodNotes 5.3 for iPadOS (13.1).

With the update, we added full support for iPadOS’ multiple windows. It lets you do much more than viewing two documents side by side. To read everything you need to know about opening multiple documents, please visit goodnotes.com/ipad-os.

How to open a new window:

You can now open GoodNotes in multiple windows to view two documents side by side, view two pages of the same document in Split View, or pair it with other apps in spaces across your entire system. To open a new window, drag any of the elements listed below to the side of your screen:

- the app icon from the dock
    - documents from the library
    - folders from the library
    - individual pages from the document thumbnail view
    - tabs from the…

11. Especially for the iPad Pro 12.9inch it can have 2 pages side by side in landscape. It would great though that the two pages can be selected by the users like a compare feature.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to announce that we have completed this feature. It is now available in the update GoodNotes 5.3 for iPadOS (13.1).

With the update, we added full support for iPadOS’ multiple windows. It lets you do much more than viewing two documents side by side. To read everything you need to know about opening multiple documents, please visit goodnotes.com/ipad-os.

How to open a new window:

You can now open GoodNotes in multiple windows to view two documents side by side, view two pages of the same document in Split View, or pair it with other apps in spaces across your entire system. To open a new window, drag any of the elements listed below to the side of your screen:

- the app icon from the dock
    - documents from the library
    - folders from the library
    - individual pages from the document thumbnail view
    - tabs from the…

12. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Goodnotes is always the front runner for bluetooth stylus. I am eagerly waiting for your new integration! Please : )

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please please pleaseeeee give me the option to highlight in a straight line as the default way to highlight. It is INCREDIBLY frustrating to be writing in freestyle when I'm taking notes in class then I have to press the shapes button and then press the highlighter button to switch to highlighter in order to highlight in a straight line. It would make my notes not look like a hot mess when I'm done. PLEASEEEEE!! At least allow there to be an option to default the highlighter to highlight in a straight line.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection & editing, and curve drawing. It further improves the recognition of circles and squares and adds back the ability to draw shapes with the highlighter.

15. The Jot Script was just released and it would be great if Goodnotes supported its integration.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When creating shapes, each vertex should have a movable snap point, so we could resize the polygon on any shape we want, just like the app Notes Plus. For engineering students like me it would be very useful when drawing complex structures that need precision.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simply an iphone version with both the opportunity to look at and edit all the normal other files created via the iPad, but also a one tap stick note type option for taking smaller simple sticky notes on the the fly when out and about - these too should sync into a specified folder for ipad and dropbox (also ideally Evernote) access

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add page number on the top or bottom of the paper

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest update GoodNotes 5.5 is now available on the App Store. While scrolling through your document, you can now see the current page number and the total number of pages in this document. If you don’t like to see the page numbers, you can disable it in Menu > Settings > Document Editing.

19. Notebook COVERS look oldfashioned, dull. Moreover the findability of documents would be improved by livelier patterns/colours, I think.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Like it works in Notability, i prefer it alot over the "shape tool" in Good Notes 4, for stuff like Underlining , Arrows etc.
    Holding a line to make it straight allows me to keep writing, without "stopping" to activate/deactivate a "Mode" everytime, it feels MUCH more fluid/consistent.

Also, the Ability of those straightened Lines to be Attacked (Beginning AND End) to other Start/End points of Lines, and even in the middle of Lines, and also to the Lines of the Paper background.

For math stuff, it makes it easy to create perfect diagrams bound to the Checkered Paper backgrouns.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?