Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

590 results found

1. Looking to buy an iPad Pro but I need to work with a movie script Pdf open on "A" side so I can mark-up the page and be able to write scene notes in another file on "B" side at the same time. The files exist in the same GoodNotes "Sub-Category". Is this possible yet?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to announce that we have completed this feature. It is now available in the update GoodNotes 5.3 for iPadOS (13.1).

With the update, we added full support for iPadOS’ multiple windows. It lets you do much more than viewing two documents side by side. To read everything you need to know about opening multiple documents, please visit goodnotes.com/ipad-os.

How to open a new window:

You can now open GoodNotes in multiple windows to view two documents side by side, view two pages of the same document in Split View, or pair it with other apps in spaces across your entire system. To open a new window, drag any of the elements listed below to the side of your screen:

- the app icon from the dock
    - documents from the library
    - folders from the library
    - individual pages from the document thumbnail view
    - tabs from the…

2. It would be great if you can see the number of the page you are in and how manu pages the notebook has

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest update GoodNotes 5.5 is now available on the App Store. While scrolling through your document, you can now see the current page number and the total number of pages in this document. If you don’t like to see the page numbers, you can disable it in Menu > Settings > Document Editing.

3. There are several note-taking Apps which provide handwriting recognition. Most of them (actually the ones that I have tested or looked into) provide this kind of recognition with at least one of these two options:
    - they try to recognize handwriting on-the-fly (synchronous) which results in the user having to permanently correct mis-recognized parts of her/his text thus slowing down in writing (useless for taking notes in meetings)
    - they try to recognize handwriting by using web services thus requiring online connection and transfering possible sensitive informations off the users tablet. (useless in situations where no wifi or mobile connections…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add mouse scroll wheel support. This makes scrolling through pages using a mouse (aside from Magic Mouse / trackpad) much more convenient than having to hold and drag to scroll.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mac Version of GoodNotes 5 please

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Goodnotes 5 is amazing. Thx for listening to us and adding so much long time requested features! But one great feature for me was the mac sync. And now after purchasing gn5 I noticed that the mac version does only work with gn4 and there is no v5 on the mac. So I cannot use my notes on the mac anymore?!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am fed up of using Adonit styli with this app. This app is a work of art and will be truly better if integration is added. Also make sure to add support for the new keyboard and add more productivity tools such as editing 2 docs at once and Multitasking with other apps.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Many note takers using iPad has a bluetooth keyboard. It would be very nice to add short cuts on the keyboard to make things more convenient. For example, cmd+T for inserting text box, or cmd+B for adding a page below, etc.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share same document with friends or coworkers it’s more simple all we can write on it and see what we are on.
    Like taking note with my friend in lecture. Or in our meetings.
    I Hope there’s version support this feature.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce the release of our new update GoodNotes 5.5 including “Shared Documents”. You can now share a document with other GoodNotes users and work together on them. You can read everything about the first version of shared documents here: https://medium.goodnotes.com/link-sharing-share-documents-adb36f99c583 Details on how to use the new features and FAQ are available here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001571256-Sharing-a-document-with-other-users-to-collaborate-on-it

10. Need backup sync with google drive

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notability has a feature that allows the user to disable the iOS sleep timer thereby allowing the iPad to stay awake. I would love this feature to be a part of the options menu in GoodNotes. I teach with and from my iPad. However, if I am only using GoodNotes to look at my notes/lesson my iPad goes to sleep and I have wake it up, etc. I know that I can turn off the sleep timer from my iPad's settings menu, but then I have to remember to turn it back on each time I'm finished teaching. This may…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pencil has eraser on its back it would be perfect if you support that stylus

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be good that the Adonite Jot Touch pressure sensitivity can be used as palm rejection as with the Ten One Pogo connect. There it works fine, however the Pogo Connect is not so good because of the thick tip. Further it is defect now after 1 Month. If you could include the same feature for the Jot Touch this would be great.
    It would be also nice if one can use the buttons to turn pages in a presentation.
    Stefan

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. good notes needs the capability to search key words

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I wish the shape tool on GoodNotes 5 didn’t require you to press a button to draw a shape. It would be more intuitive if I could roughly draw a shape and hold down the pencil for a second and have the app automatically fix the shape. I also wish that the app would let you draw perfect arcs.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection, and curve drawing.

16. I would love to see an addable Safari extension to easly tranfer content from websites of all types into GoodNotes.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Due to the increased screen real estate It wouldn't be hard to use a stylus on this device. Even if some may not agree, it should at least be an option. Along with all of the iPad features.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be very helpful if GoodNotes had a feature that allows two or more users to work together on the same document and see the changes happening in real-time. Users would be able to work in collaboration on a document but there would also be a microphone feature that allows them to talk to each other as they are working together. I imagine the microphone would work like the one in Zoom, where users can turn it on when they want to speak but turn it off when they don't want to be heard.

The collaboration feature should allow…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your patience. We have finished the real-time collaboration feature and it is now available to all users in shared documents. Changes should appear on other people’s devices as soon as you lift the pen.

20. I much prefered it when we could toggle the shape tool on and off(goodnotes 4), rather than having a shape tool that only really works with the pen tool and not the highlighter tool. The highlighter shape recognition is missing, why? You can draw a straight line with the highlighter, but if you want to do anything more complex like geometry it does not work.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce that the update 5.6.0 that we released today adds an improved shape recognition including the option to hold at the end of a line to make a perfect shape, shape selection, and curve drawing. This also works with the highlighter and can be used to draw shapes other than lines with it.

• Don't see your idea?