Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

If you have any idea on how to improve GoodNotes, feel free to share it with us and other users. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reading every post.

How it works

• Check out the other ideas that have been suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We can't offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

How can we improve GoodNotes?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Infinitely long sheets

It would be nice if we could have infinitely long sheets like in Onenote. There really isn't a need to be restricted to physical dimensions of paper anymore.

922 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, in GoodNotes 5, we added the ability to set the scrolling direction to “vertical”: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000118135-How-to-set-the-scrolling-direction-to-horizontal-or-vertical

We’re using a framework for page handling that treats every page as a separate file. This allows things like:
    - export of a selection of pages
    - easy reordering of pages within a document
    - rotation of pages
    - adding images/photos as standalone pages
    - mixing multiple file types (PDF, Word, PowerPoint, GoodNotes) in a single document
    - etc.

Since each page is an individual file, a truly infinite sheet is not feasible with the current framework.

2. Create folders within notebooks

To be able to organise pages into sub folders 'within' each notebook would be very useful.

553 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In GoodNotes 5 we implemented the option to create infinite subfolders to replace the concept of “categories” in GoodNotes 4. Consider using multiple documents in a subfolders instead of adding everything to one notebook. If you want to further divide your notebook internally, you can use bookmarks or custom outlines to label your pages.

3. Include Recorder

Be able to record session (voice and desktop), to broadcast a lesson or presentation. Like in explain everything...but GoodNotes is better!

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a Mac Version of Goodnotes5

Goodnotes 5 is amazing. Thx for listening to us and adding so much long time requested features! But one great feature for me was the mac sync. And now after purchasing gn5 I noticed that the mac version does only work with gn4 and there is no v5 on the mac. So I cannot use my notes on the mac anymore?!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display name of the notebook inside the “Move to Trash” confirmation dialog

Before confirming deletion, could the dialog include the name of the notebook I am about to delete? I often feel unsure whether I tapped on the right document.

Just if other users would find such feature useful as well...

Thanks for a lovely product!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll consider it. In the meantime, you can always use the recovery feature in the trash to recover accidentally deleted documents. You can find the trash in the menu.

7. TEMPLATES

As a student I like to use different colours for different subjects - I think pastel coloured A4 templates with both narrow and wide rulings plus a margin would be very useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Severe problem of goodnotes5

As the picture
    The text is automatically scaled

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an automated response. For support requests and troubleshooting help, please visit support.goodnotes.com. If the listed articles, don’t help you solve the problem, you can contact our support through the email form at the bottom of each article.

• Don't see your idea?

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Feedback and Knowledge Base