How can we improve GoodNotes?

Add a small, but expandable sticky note that can be placed in margins and uses the text zoom interface.

Often the pdf documents have ~1" margins and there have been paragraphs that I would either like to add my own commentary, create a small sketch of an idea, or note an idea related to the material. The margins aren't big enough to fit, but adding a whole blank notes page is too large (I use an iPad Pro).

I request a feature for having a color indicated "sticky note" that fits on either side of the margins and can be placed anywhere alongside it. Tap the little box, and the expanded note comes into view with various options for text, changing note color etc...

Truth be told, the text zoom feature interface that is already in place would work fantastic for this sticky notes feature.

96 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brett Halladay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stickie notes that can be added over text that’s there & be made transparent. So you can see text behind it if you want to.

• Antonio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea but also add the ability to have handwritten sticky notes, not just text written.

I would prefer that the sticky note appears at the place where you place it rather than at the end with a page reference. I don't want to keep shuttling back and forward, or require my colleagues to whom I have sent the exported pdf to do so!

GoodReader manages it and Adobe reader (or Pro) can read them. So unless, you're doing something drastically and significantly different here in the annotations layer, PLEASE can we have the same?!

• Brett Halladay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that this may complicate the export process. I suppose one way of tackling it is adding a page at the end of the document that contains a formatted list of the sticky notes with corresponding page numbers. That way the document can still be exported properly (with or without sticky notes option?).

Feedback and Knowledge Base