How can we improve GoodNotes?

Add a pencil tool

Add a pencil tool that acts and looks like a real pencil (compatible with all the capabilities of the Apple Pencil).

182 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nonie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some might ask why do we need a pencil when we can easily erase mistakes in a digital notebook? Then I’ll just say why do we have a shutter release sound from our phone/digital cameras that actually doesn’t have any shutter?

It’s all about the user experience... I still love seeing my sketches looking like a sketch and I believe, It’s also about the user experience why you designed GoodNotes to look (and partly to function) like a real notebook.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my number one request - the Apple Notes pencil tool is so elegant and a joy to use. It would be great to have this feature in GN.

• DMuncer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I need to sketch something in pencil I have to go and use Apple Notes. I'm surprised it hasn't been included in GoodNotes so far. It would make the best note taking app on the planet infinitely better!

Please do this.

The opportunity to have your writing look in pencil-style is the only reason I still use the Apple notes app (it just looks terrific!)

Very usefull for Students WHO have to draw a log technical thinks. Please make it possible!

Feedback and Knowledge Base