How can we improve GoodNotes?

Use TouchID to Secure App

I would like to use TouchID to both open the app (a la Dropbox) and/or individual notebook TouchID verification.

320 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Wes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely want TouchID per notebook as a toggle feature under notebook options.

Question for others: when the notebook is opened it creates a tab at the top. For a notebook that is secured with password/TouchID- should the notebook become secured as soon as you switch tabs (notebooks), or only after the tab (notebook) is closed? Or perhaps after a customizable length of time of not being the active tab (notebook)?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an abolished must. It prevents me from using the app, and move to Notability as you can secure notes there. Please update this asap.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a business tool password protection is a must, otherwise it just falls short of any professional use.

• Sager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to secure just one notebook at a time. And I don't want to have to turn touch ID or password on for the entire iPad, since I often need to loan my iPad to students who come to class without a smart device. I just want to secure the one notebook.

Feedback and Knowledge Base