How can we improve GoodNotes?

Enable to create links between pages

As the contents in the notebook keeps increasing over a period of time, I would like to have a link or connector to a previous page or a different book within the app to quickly navigate to the desired content instead if flipping through the pages.

822 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bhanu Vadlakonda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to get a web clip to manage my knowledge. But something dispirited me is the feature is still not supported in GN5.
    I wander add Link internal inorder to go one pdf to anoter.
    some url to go webpage for referance

• Charisma Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Specifically, I'd like to be able to register hot pots in my handwriting to link to from my other notes, greatly decreasing my need each day to repeat myself.

• roy ritchie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would definitely like to have links that I could connect between pages within a journal or to another journal. It would make the whole app indispensable!

I would LOVE this feature! I often want to link a page in one notebook to another to remind myself!

• Ken Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This continues to be an important need for me - I have notes from several pages back - but also across notebooks ... a quick tap to go to a related note would be awesome!

• Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is requested sooo often, but they seem to ignore it still. I mean, people even try to work around the lack by creating pdf templates...I really don't know what's so difficult. I don't know one other writing app I use, that doesn't allow hyperlinks. It's weird. I wish they would just tell people, why that feature is so terrible difficult to implement in Goodnotes. It's such a basic feature and you even use it on paper (like making your own index and putting colorful flags between pages to find stuff). I really wish they would allow it. It would be handy for planners and if you use Goodnotes as a notetaking app for Uni too. I struggle to find topics fast, when reviewing. I would even be fine if I would neet to insert buttons instead of link it with handwritten notes. Just a form or number and a small note underneath where it leads would be enough for me.

• Foxi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

additionally a table of content would be helpful (create a table of content for your documents)

• Roberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thinked the mark would works like an index, but it only allows a description for a page. Like an index, it´d allow different pages linked buy a unique subject

I would love this. Keynote has this awesomeness but once you have moved it to Goodnotes you can't move it back to Keynote and edit without losing everything.

• Beth Elwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can currently do this by creating templates in keynote I believe. Check out brookebot’s bullet journal template as an example :)

Simple Wiki style links would be awesome. Perfect for bullet journal style use of app, note taking, and cataloging. This is essential.

Feedback and Knowledge Base