How can we improve GoodNotes?

Password protect

It would be great if you had an option to password protect a selected notebook in case you have to create one that would contain sensitive information.

2,820 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CGPlenty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

590 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I knew it did not offer password protection I would not have bought it. You are in a very competitive market where the types of apps come with protection and that is why majority of people who bought the app was under impression it did offer the feature. It is not professional. It is not too late to fix it with a new update, otherwise GoodNotes will appear on news with bad ratings and will follow lawsuits. If I were you I would fix it right away. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As sophisticated as the App is, I'm surprised you can't lock notes. I would have held off on my purchase had I known this.

I like the App so far, but will disclose this security flaw when telling my peers about the app.

I love using GoodNotes but have to rely on OneNote for sensitive material because of the lack of password protection.
    Please implement this!!!!

• Ruth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love GoodNotes but until you provide password protection I will continue to use NotesPlus

Why wouldn’t you offer password protection????? I work at a Law Firm and Do a lot of note taking for clients

• Miranda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I had known I couldn’t password protect, I wouldn’t have bought this and would have purchased notability. I am going to be switching to notability now though.

Please....
    I usually use the good note for my daily recording.

So I really really want to password security system.

• Shashank Agrawal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still this feature not introduced maybe I need to switch to notability and give negative feedback’s for GoodNotes everywhere.

Fortunately I also have Notability for my iPad Pro which gives you the option to lock and password notes. Until GoodNotes gives us the option to lock notes I can’t completely switch to GoodNotes.

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request for a very simple and much needed feature was posted in 2013 and it still hasn't been implemented?? I think it's good to assume this forum is pointless and doesn't get read.

• Paris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually thought GoodNotes has this function when I bought the app! I would love to protect some of my notebooks with a password. Pleaseeeeee add this function.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base