How can we improve GoodNotes?

Password protect

It would be great if you had an option to password protect a selected notebook in case you have to create one that would contain sensitive information.

2,639 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CGPlenty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

542 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would love to use this app as my journal. Unfortunately my family shares one iPad and therefore I cannot use GoodNotes.

• Vinny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately without password feature, I will not be able to use GoodNotes as much as I would like to, please add this feature thank you very much

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I decide not to buy good notes 5 because the lack of password protection. I seriously worry about the privacy of my notes and my office documents

• Kitty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't already a feature. Serious limitations without it.

• Krystof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So... my kid already deleted or otherwise screwed work notes. Passwordprotection would fix that. Also I am writing a diary in goodnotes. My mind would really rest easier would it be password protected.
    Please add this feature.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t understand why this is still absent. I have to use notability because I don’t want my kids (who use my iPad all the time) to have access to my work notes. Please fix ASAP.

• B Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sad but I also can’t use the app now ... surely this should be a standard feaature

• Morbius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is critical to allow me to use GoodNotes. I need to record sensitive information and use Notability for this purpose because it does provide password protection. I would happily switch to GoodNotes if this feature was implemented.

• Eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing stopping me using Goodnotes full time is the lack of a password / Touch ID protection for selected notebooks as I use my notebook to track financial information etc. When Goodnotes 5 was released, I thought YES, then was really disappointed to see it wasn't in there. Your product is by far the nicest out there in every other way, but I just cannot go ahead and use it as my main notebook without this feature... Please consider feature this if at all possible.

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I would love this feature. It would mean I could totally commit to GoodNotes and get rid of other journaling apps.

• SDB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving back to OneNote. Won’t buy GoodNotes 5 until this gets fixed.

• SDB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moving back to OneNote. Won’t update app until this gets sorted out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

going to have to go back to notability since this simple password request seems to be ignored. Very sad....wish I’d found out about this before I paid the money over for the app 🙁

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28

Feedback and Knowledge Base