How can we improve GoodNotes?

Add encryption of data

Add encryption of data. Allow notebooks to be encrypted.

50 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Price shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved this application but won’t use it until end to end is added. Probably not many like me, but this is why Protonmail keeps adding features and I am sure a note taking features is soon coming.

If GoodNotes is storing *my* data on *their* server then it is incumbent on Goodnotes to secure my data while in their hands, via strong encryption. It is not sufficient to say “don’t worry our servers are secure” or “our severs are encrypted”. The encryption must be with my key or password which only I know.

These days we hear daily news about data breaches. I am astonished that GoodNotes is still missing any encryption capabilities. Essential for business or personal use.

Should use the data protection API from iOS at the very least to ensure protection via device encryption.

• Ethan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even for personal use, encryption is becoming the price of entry, not a special feature. Between lack of encryption and poor text entry capabilities on a computer, I'm sad. Given all of the recent focus on security and encryption, why does searching the blog and even the entire site give no or few results for "security" or "encryption"?

No encryption - no serious business application, adapt - or i find other solution

• Inge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
    the only thing why i do not use goodnotes is, that i can not encryped data. i there a way / plans to sync via googleDrive or Dropbox. In that way users will be able to encryped all data with additional tools.

Feedback and Knowledge Base