peter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • blue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should definitely be a feature to automatically insert & update page numbers. I normally write them myself in real notebooks, and while I can do that in Goodnotes, a massive problem arises if I move, insert, or delete pages.

One suggestion is to provide a template box that appears when we “insert page numbers” and we could drag the box to whichever part of the page we want the numbers to show.

Or if not done that way and the option is just to “turn page numbers on”, offer location choice: top/bottom of page; left, right, or center justification; a ruler or guide to allow manual definition of left/right alignment; and size, font, and color options.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just looked up how to automatically show page number in notebooks. I guess, not available at this time. This would be huge when your notebooks get lengthy and you want to recall/reference earlier notes on the same topic.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Date and page numbers should already be there. This is something that everyone has been asking for now since 2016? Let's go!

• Teresa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add page numbers to make it easier to reference stuff within a notebook. Bookmarks are useful but not the same.

• Will Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all. Love good notes 5 and am compiling a notebook for a speech this fall of 2019. I like the ways to insert copy and paste or any image I can see on my iPad screen. But to add a footer and page numbers would be a big plus. For now I must jot the page number on each new page.

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have a "Header & Footer" option for each document, maybe a couple quick preset options and a custom option.

• Panos K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really believe as well, that this feature is missing. What I did, is export one of the pages goodnotes offer as template, and added a "Date" and "Title" fields at the top of the page. Then saved it as pdf, and imported it as a new template page. This way, now I have it, however, it is true, it does not detect the date and page number automatically, I have to write date, title and page myself. nevertheless, at least it's there...
    I might have different notes of different dates on the same page, so I would really love some sort of "date-title" text macro, something that you could choose to place where you want it, it would be a fantastic feature.
    In this sense, Notability adds a date and title when you first create a note, but never again on the same group of pages, but we actually need a field that we may add when needed. Goodnotes does not have a mechanism like that at all, so if they bothered to do it, it would be nice to have it like that... more dynamic

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately needed please - until then I'm having to use Adobe which I want to be able to ditch.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Urgently needed! I use the App to mark up documents which are then paginated for use at court hearings - please add a feature where you can automatically paginate a large PDF document with auto-generated pagination. E.g. if the document is tab 36 of bundle C and the pagination starts at page 345, the feature could automatically add in "C/36/345", "C/36/356" etc in the bottom corner of each page (or any other chosen location). The pagination could then be removed throughout and re-paginated as required for future use.

• John velman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m new here, and this was first thing I looked for when starting a new notebook. This is a necessity. I see it has been under review for a year and a half! I hope it is implemented soon!

• Serge B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really helpful. Choice should be to display it in the toolbar or on the paper. If on the paper, one could choose the font and position -- e.g.:
    - horizontally: distance (number + choice of units) from (left edge, center, right edge);
    - vertically: distance (same) from (top edge, middle, bottom edge).
    Enhanced features:
    - parametrizable prefix (e.g. "P. ");
    - option to display the total number of page (e.g. 1/23);
    - starting number.

• Ralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a look at noteability - being able to have automatic pagenumbers would be so great (and have you tried add a page in the middle of the document, and then rewrite all the page numbers manually? - Pain in the a** :-)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base