Handwriting and text rotation
I love taking notes and drawing in GoodNotes and it would be great if I could rotate the objects I've drawn on the page. We can already change the color and scale the object, so it would be nice to be able to rotate these objects.
Rotation of handwritten objects is possible in GoodNotes 5. Select the objects with the lasso tool and tap on “resize”. You’ll also find the option to rotate the selection.
Yes you can rotate in Goodnotes 5 but it changes the scale of the object.
Yes, adding Polish to handwriting conversion would be a BIG improvement, probably at the reasonable cost of linking yet another language dictionary to the otherwise excellent app.
Randell Duggins commented
Awesome job adding this feature in GoodNotes 5, but it needs a little refinement. The rotation and resize handles definitely need to be separated. They are separate function and are not desired in tandem. It is annoying if I am creating an array of identically sized items only rotated by different angles and I cannot maintain the size while rotating.
Separate the Resize and Rotate functions. Images and other items that need to stay horizontal will accidentally rotate constantly when just trying to resize. Please separate the functions so that one can be done at a time in GN5
Lasso tool - resize, rotate, etc. Please let us resize or rotate when using the lasso tool. As it sits now, we have to Cut>Copy>Paste something to resize or rotate.
GoodNotes! Add feature to allow for rotation of hand drawn diagrams!!
This is desperately needed.
That photo cropping and rotation are separate functions in GN5
The shape tool could do a better job at recognizing lines drawn and their specific angles (seems like they can only take few discrete angles).
Adding ability to rotate would be Extremely useful for shapes or any selected element.
Shape tool could be better at recognizing specific shapes other than basic full squares,ellipses and lines, for example arc of a circle, complete triangles etc
what about the option to be able to select directly a shape when using the shape tools. If I want to draw basic shapes like a square or a circle, the shape tool often does not make the best job. But it would be good to have a feature to select shapes directly and afterwards be able to change size and rotate them...
Yikes! This thread was started in December 2016. A fix was planned for July 2017. It is now January 2019. Should we just give up hope? Is anyone in GoodNotes listening? An update would be nice for your loyal customers.
I need this - please make it happen!
Please add this. Also, the highlights don't rotate when a page is rotated.
In Notability you can make bigger or smaller or rotate things in a much simpler way. It would be nice if this could be implemented.
It is possible ti rotate images only the moment you insert them. It would be great if it was a permanent feature
Feature to fully resize and rotate the text highlighted. Including changing the thickness of written notes, and colour. Maybe expanding this feature to typed text both in goodnotes and imported PDF’S
I need it also! Any updates on ETA?
Hello! After i used it, i feel it was better app and easy one, but I think you need add more features such as Rotation,Zoom on figure and add more figure.
I need this capability as well
hand written notes and drawings on a imported photo or object should be tied to the object so that both can be rotated as one
Dajion Martin commented
1. When using the Zoom functionality.
- While in zoom mode, when using the lasso tool, zoom mode should not end. This breaks imerson when taking note.
- On the zoom mode's tool bar, there should be shape recognition, the lasso tool, and the highlighter as well.
2. When viewing a specific page of a document, the user should be able to zoom out further than the dimensions of the current sheet.
- This would give the user a better view of the entire page as a whole.
3. Integrate programmable functionality with the Apple pencil 2's double tap functionality.
- Undo as a double tap.
- Quick Paste as a double tap.
4. Increase the granularity of eraser function. Often, when using eraser when creating complex shapes. (Such as Truth Tables) when using eraser tool, it takes to much of a vector or to little.
5. When opening the App, instead of pressing Categories to change which category a user is in, All categories should be visible.
- When a user pressed a category , it should expand and display their notebooks.
6. New Functionality
- Implement Bind function, after user used lasso too, convert individual vector images to single vector. (This would allow for frequently used complex shapes to be saved an reused)
- Implement Saved Complex Vector Shapes function, after user binds a series of vectors, have the option to save complex vector for future use.
- Implement Smart Vector Snapping function, when moving vectors the termination point of a vector can be constrained to another vector as differing intervals. (Increase ability to create more complex vector shapes, with addition to Saving Vector shapes would increase productivity)
- Implement Vector Rotation Function, after selecting the resize option, have the ability to rotate the vector. (Increases the ability to draw graphs at different slopes)
- Implement Vector Width adjustment, after selecting a Vector, the user should have an option to change thickness to different thickness.
- Implement Dark mode, togglable mode where colors are inverted to make app use less noticeable in the dark, also saves battery life.
7. Personal Suggestions
- The Edit button should the the ability to add to or remove from category or notebook.
These suggestion come from an Electrical Engineer, who is very satisfied with their purchase of this app and these changes would his productivity.