How can we improve GoodNotes?

Mathematical input option

Recognize handwritten notes as typed text and unique a mathematical input option like the app MATHPAD

605 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love if I could create hand written documents in Goodnote, and convert the text plus equations into latex.

• Dan Wrigglesworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature. It would put this app over the top and set it apart from all the other note taking apps.

Regocnition and solving of mathematical equations with the lasso tool would be awesome! Integrated mysript calc...

What are the other apps that allow recognition of handwritten math symbols and equations?

I totally agree with this. I am in math and physics tutor and it would be heaven to have an app that fluidly wrote mathematics as well as script. Right now I really like Notability but it also lacks this feature.

I totally agree with this. I am in math and physics tutor and it would be heaven to have an app that fluidly wrote mathematics as well as script. Right now I really like Notability but it also likes this feature.

• christian ontiveros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the mathematical recognition, I had to use other apps to do it. Have you ever use you competitors app? If not, use nebo and look what they do with this, woodnotes need it

This would be absolutely amazing for students and anybody who is dealing with maths ! So I won't have to switch to another app (or to a website) to write my equations.
    I really think that this would be one of the most amazing features of this app :-)
    Which, by the way, is already great. Keep up the good work !

• Wesley Giberson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The guys in MyScript has already developed an App called MyScript MathPad which can do handwritten math recognition. They have already integrated this into their Notebook App. PLEASE add this feature ASAP. Thank you very much.

i plot a lot of sine curves a recogniser for that would be amazing, with math options

or at least a sine curve, that I can scale and adjust. Or allow pdf import on top like you import images. I could use plot apps and export as pdf. Then import to goodnotes, voila, vector graphic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base