Collaborate on shared notebooks with multiple users
Simulaneously share notebooks for use through the web with other users.
Talkboard is a free app by Citrix that allows for sharing of a white board with multiple users. The writing features are in general, the same as good notes.
If notebooks could support features to share with other users simultaneously, even select notebooks, then I would be able to use good notes as a collaboration tool on top of it being a note taking tool.
Hi everyone, this is an interesting feature that we’d like to hear more about. If you haven’t added your comment already, it would be great if you could let us know a few things:
1. Why do you want to collaborate on a GoodNotes document
2. In what situations do you need it
3. What you have to do instead since GoodNotes doesn’t support it.
Please add this as public comments and feel free to discuss with others. Thanks a lot for your help
Isaac Nuñez commented
1. Often as a student, you really want to share your notes with your classmates to ease the note-taking process. As well, I am doing my thesis and I have to propose models, it will be ideal to have a platform where both parties involved can share their ideas and comments without going through the current process of exporting your notes and sending them through email, because it slows down the work.
2. I would use it with my classmates in a lecture, where everyone can have the same notebook and we can all have the same notes, so the learning process is more complete. In my thesis, it would be ideal because my supervisor and I can work in the same notebook at the same time and won't be slow down.
3. Currently I am using Evernote (or OneNote) but both are quite uncomfortable to use and they don't offer the flexibility and capabilities that GoodNotes offers.
I use goodnotes in my work as a lighting designer for theatre and opera. Design is a very collaborative profession, where multiple departments are looking at the same script (or score) and even within my own department (lighting) multiple people are looking at and editing the same document.
The ability to have multiple people notate on top of a PDF or add notes in a notebook in real time, especially as things like scripts for new plays (which are always changing) is essential.
Now, our solution is for one person to edit, then save the file to Dropbox, let others know they are 'out of the document' and then the next person can 'get in' and do what they need to do.
Dirk Urmoneit commented
a colleague and I work on a seating plan for a move to a new company headquarter. we both have the plan in goodnotes and mark names, seat numbers, teams, meeting room names, etc. but we must make sure only one of us makes changes and sends the updated version to the other. we are not working on the same document.
if we were more than 1 person, it would be worse.
I'd also like to have the kanban, standup screens on everyones iPads in goodnotes, as we are spread over several cities.
I am so happy you are asking!!! My husband and I share all of our household notes on Goodnotes. This is everything from work notes (we have a business together), to a digital blackboard that we mirror to our Apple TV that has our household calendar, shopping list, chores, etc.
1. We want to collaborate on Goodnotes to keep important business and household information synced between or devices. We also like mirroring our calendar and chore list to Apple TV to use like a digital blackboard.
2. We need it at home to stay organized. We need it on our mobile devices so we never forget our shopping list at home. We need it at business meetings to take notes that we can review back at the office.
3. Since Goodnotes doesn't support it... we essentially modified my husband's devices to all use my Apple ID and iCloud storage. It's annoying, but he wasn't fully utilizing iCloud anyway, so it wasn't a huge loss, although it causes a lot of inconveniences.
1. Collaborate with others on design documents in the team
2. As above
3. I have to update the document myself
The GoodNotes team does not know where collaboration work can be useful and what situation this can be? Really??? Study, Brainstorming, ...
Well, in that case: Kick GoodNotes and try iOS 13 notes app which enhanced tools (that can share notes)
1. To exchange university notes and annotated PFDs with fellow students without having to Mail/Airdrop/Upload them everytime.
2. see above
3. Since some of my friends in university use Microsoft OneNote, i ask them to send me a link to their notebook which i then import into my own OneNote App. That way i always have their newest notes without having to ask them every time to send me their notes. Also, they dont have to worry that i accidently mess up their notes since its "read-only".So basically it is like a subscription to their notes which is very helpful since i cant attend every lecture.
I think the way how Microsoft did it is the most simple and best. Before you get the "sharing-link" you can choose if the person receiving it has the option to read and write or just read your notes (you can also change it afterwards). This is very important since i wouldnt want other people to mess up my notes by accident and the other way around of course. Sorry for the bad english.
Very interesting idea. I’ve been waiting GoodNotes can do this for so long. Because In my opinion, collaboration features will always be useful for business and education purpose. Well, i primarily use GoodNotes for lectures and textbook reader in my university life.
1. for tutoring, explaining of lectures, review&discussion of knowledges with colleagues. Also teaching my sister’s homework.
2. Preparing exams, homework, meeting.
3. I use note(ios) or OneNote instead.
GoodNotes 5 have done a good job for note taking already. Collaboration features is a next step. It could make the app extremely easy and more powerful.
PS. If you decided to add this feature, please also consider to add a layer feature too. Which i can delete my annotations after teaching easily.
Hope this help you
Looking forward to seeing it.
As a reaction to the moderator:
1.I often work together with people from my uni through the internet (discord). I study physics so bringing across equations and the like is hard through speech so being able to work on some document together is very useful. We have done this before using some apps but none of them work flawlessly
2. see above
3. Since most apps have some significant flaws on ipad we now use screen sharing via discord and paint to work out problems (with the mouse, so you can imagine that this is not really a smooth process)
Would be useful for sharing to-do lists or working with partners on various projects. Since GoodNotes doesn't support it the best option for me currently is Google Drive. It would be nice to have a collaborate feature within the app.
Graham Walker commented
I travel a lot and work on homework with my kids remotely. I'd like to be able to have shared notebooks for different school subjects that we could work on together. They could import screen shots of the work and we could mark it up together.
I currently use Groupboard for some things, but we don't save the work and we also use google sheets and docs.
I am in construction and use goodnotes when on a site to make notes, add pictures etc. My colleagues would benefit greatly from being able to access the same documents and update the notes too as and when things get done or other things are needed.
I don’t do anything else in the absence of this feature. I have to print everything out and have round table meetings to discuss everything once a week which doesn’t really work and these jobs change on a daily basis.
cecile hebert commented
1 & 2 share a todo list with one or two people. Share a notebook for, e.g. planning a trip in the mountains with friends. Work at two or 3 people on annotating the same pdf file. These are situation where I would have loved to be able to share a goodnotes document (eg stored in dropbox, grdive etc)
3. for sharing todo list or planning list: nothing, I deal with the list ane others tell me what to write on it. For correcting a document: it is done iteratively: annotate, export, send, wait, the other recieve, annotate, export send wait etc...
Seriously!!! How do we get them to install this feature!
1000 up votes!! This would really set this app apart from the crowd.
Would make working with people in different locations so much easier
Mike Lisa commented
This feature would be truly awesome. I love GoodNotes, but need an app with a feature like this for my research group with several graduate and undergraduate students.
Having this feature would make math class so much more collaborative and interactive. This would enable teachers to give immediate feedback and private corrections when needed, while holding scholars accountable for being on task and completing assignments.
a must have !!!
That would be awesome for us! WE work on projects and collaborating, and now the only way of sharing docs between us in real time is being on the same Icloud user, but this is very unconfortable.
This is urgently needed.