How can we improve GoodNotes?

(moveable) Stickies / Post-it Notes

Having stickies that can be pasted on pages - particularly PDFs - would be fantastic. Notes could be made then moved around the page. The more these echo real-life stickies, the better.

(The ability to export notes made on stickies would also be most welcome.)

560 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gary Hollingsbee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to adding a comment when using track changes - the ability to add a text box with a picture or a text box with the ability to type new text into the box. It would be indicated by a small button that would shrink/expand near the existing text in the document.

Would allow you to compare existing language and new or proposed language side by side, without marking up the original document.

• Yanna Otero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help a lot if we could have like a little folder that we open and insert our own pictures/ post-its/ PNG stickers and such. THIS is what the app is missing most in order to be most efficient for creative bullet journaling!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally support this. We can add post-it notes right now but they take good amount of the space of the screw. It would be great to minimize it once we take the notes on it and only see the icon of the note able to maximize again as we wish

• anonym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Feature to add notes you can move and edit while reading. Like Post—Its

• Dominik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also really want this feature. It would be especially useful for adding pictures as "Pop-Up"!

• Maeab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With a post it option, alond side pdf forms, outside of the pge we can add the things that did not fit on the page. Maybe having a calender add on option alongside the pdf.

• Tara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree! I would love this feature. Even better if "semi-transparent" was a color option!

• Yezi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Desperately need it. Any forms like sticky notes, notepads, memo would all be great. It would be even better if it can be searchable in the main directory.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On hard copy files / larger documents, I use small post-it notes to "flag" key documents or passages etc by putting a post-it at the top or side of the page so that it sticks out from the file and I can quickly turn up that document when looking at the whole file. Could this be incorporated into the planned feature? The "flags" / "post-its" could be shown all the time round the edge of the document or could appear when you hard press at the top, bottom etc or there could be a button to turn on/off as required. If you could annotate each "flag" that would take it to the next level and make it as using a hard copy file.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Post-Its are always a nice and useful addition. They're also visually pleasing. I'd really enjoy having and using them. Notability already has them. Please add them soon.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please mke this possible!!! Being able to add handwritten notes would be also fantastic — I usually run out of margins

• San Pellegrino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't wait for this to be implemented :)
    Hopefully both movable permanently-visible sticky notes as well as "pop-up" comment type notes will be added!

• Philippe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea about the disponibility of these sticky notes ? I'm waiting for it since a so long time. By the way, add the possibility to record and manage voice from a note could be great also.
    Best regards

• Dena Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have only been using the product for 5 minutes, and this was the feature that was immediately missing for me. I am using the app to study with and having the outline of what I am looking for when reading would be so very useful.

• Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most other note / pdf apps have this feature. It's a workhorse feature. i'm really surprised Goodnotes still doesn't have it, unless it's incorporated in some other way that i don't know about..

• Tami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And has the ability to be minimized in a small tiny box so once pressed it pops out to a full form sticky note / post it note

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base