How can we improve GoodNotes?

Audio recording that syncs with handwritten notes

We need linked audio recording so that we won't miss anything in the class or in meetings!

The reason behind the success of NOTABILITY is the audio recording functionality, I use notability just for that!

Please add it.

5,070 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

462 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Alvaro Cedeno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to use notability for this workshop only because I needed the audio recording. It was a pain to take my notes, but I needed to use the recording because I did not want to lose any details. That the ONLY reason I used it. Please, add this feature your software is so easy to use, and the only thing lacking is the audio. By The way, if you need beta tester you Jen you come up with this feature, you can count on me. But yeah, please add audio recording. Notability is quite a pain.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really hoping you release this feature before classes start back in the Fall. May need to switch to Notability for this feature during lectures.

I wanted Goodnotes but got Notability instead - simply for the synchronized audio recording. One must wonder just how much money Goodnotes has lost by not having this function. It's a shame too because as far as I can tell Goodnotes is the better app.

• Anand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider making similar to metamoji notes.. it is really amazing...I have made use of it everyday

• Dez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm shocked this still hasn't been added. It doesn't have to be complicated with search or anything to start, I'd literally be thrilled to just record n connect it to a note.

• Aijia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m a student and I use GoodNotes 5 a lot. During the use, I found that your application was a bit inconvenient when writing class notes and I hope you can add the ability to insert recordings and sticky notes. These two things are really useful.

• Paris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I know, this is the only function GoodNotes lose to Notability. Even I decided to use GoodNotes instead of Notability, I would still appreciate audio recording function so much!

• GL Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to use GoodNotes for my bird book ... record calls and also add recordings to existing files. Everything else gives me what I need, a template, pictures, excellent data capture ... EXCEPT for the audio!

• Abdul Rhman Alahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just add these features like recording, Gifs, pdf editing like cut a part, and also add in Lasso tools boxes shapes, Im notability user because of that but actually I like the option in GoodNotes more but please please please add these features

• Shoaib Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Goodnotes team, I am a Notability user just because of its recording feature and more option to add in the notes like gifs. But otherwise I love Goodnotes. So just upgrade few of these things and all the notes app consumers will love it.
    Best of luck for your new upgrade.

• Gami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Notability, the outline of the words or drawings can be seen when playing back a recording. It’s almost like seeing watermarks. It would be good if this isn’t the case for GoodNotes... or at least there’s an option to disable and enable this, based on user-preference. Thanks!

• xinxao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned, playback speed adjuster. Also, the ability to "place" a recording (from the recordings list for that document, and from anywhere else) into the physical space of the document the same way you place a picture.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 I really like the UI in attachment Bildschirmfoto_2017-12-18_um_20.53.12.png

• tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

was going to get notability just because of the feature but now dont have to! good thing I looked into upcoming features! awsome!!

Hi! Please please add the voice recording option and the multitasking option (where you can see 2 notes at the same time). These features would be really useful.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

Feedback and Knowledge Base