How can we improve GoodNotes?

Date and time stamp

Need the ability to create a note and as new information enter the date and time data as changes or new data is entered.

75 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paramac shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pierre-Francis Grillet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just moving from NotesPlus to Goodnotes - miss this feature - in NotesPlus, I simply clicked on the page number on every page to add the date. It’s vital especially for note documents that spans days, weeks or even months.

• Eric Hatheway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add a time/date stamp. I see that this is a much needed feature from my observations here and around the web.

• Carl C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like this request has gone unanswered for nearly 4 years! This is the first thing I noticed that seemed to be missing. I would like to be able to add/insert a date/time stamp on demand. It could go into the current page as a text box and the user could drag it to the desired location.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important as I attend meetings and need to be able to add notes to Minutes of Meeting

• Ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is absolutely vital to be able to document the chronological information associated with the notes. I find it strange that GoodNotes automatically puts a date stamp for notebook creation, but neglects the more important date stamp for the docuntation/validation/ organization of the notes themselves. I’d love to hear the justification behind this logic.

• bob salzman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to insert a date and time stamp on each page. From the "Add" menu...

• Forrests commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely essential. Looking for good note application with ability to show start time and date stamp and in time and date stamp.

• Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. A date/time stamp feature for this app. would definitely convince me to go paperless with my notebooks. Help me save trees!

I agree. Please add this if you are going to promote note taking. Silly it’s not added on an app that is built on notes. I have a Franklin Covey style app called Opus One that includes time stamp on daily journal so I know it can be done.

I don't know why Goodnotes have not included it. It is such a simple feature to add to any computer program.

• Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see a time and date stamp on pages that have been created. It would be great to go back through my notes based on the date. Often times, I forget to write the date at the top of the page.

Yes, it would be helpful to have a date/time stamp especially to add stamps to different pages within a notebook.

Feedback and Knowledge Base