Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7115 results found

1. Can you please add the opportunity to "freeze" while presentation-mode. Like you did in GN4. This was great, because you could take a look foreward without confusing the audience by scrolling.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a neat workaround for the lack of infinitely large docs - give me a (dot) grid that is zoomable. So I zoom in, and instead of loosing orientation because I have to write 4 lines within one element, I want to see a finer grid appear as i zoom in. That helps to put and structure a lot more content on one page. (See figma or others that do this)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Most PDF creators can make a fillable PDF with named fields, we need the ability to capture that data.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ladies and Gentlemen,

an idea:

• it would be very practical and helpful for students and teachers if the folder structure were structured like a kind of TAB structure (similar to the pages in GoodNotes)

• so one would have a better overview

See photo in appendix.

Yours sincerely
    Yavuz Ata

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Now iPadOS has very rudimentary mouse support through the AssistiveTough feature. Perhaps it would be nice to make use of this? Currently, in the presentation mode the mouse cursor is hidden, along with other interface elements.

While GoodNotes 5 already has a very nice laser pointer feature, this still requires you to be near the iPad. On the other hand, when doing a presentation, the ability to move away from the podium would be very nice.

I happen to have the Logitech Spotlight presenter, and it can actually move the mouse cursor, when paired with my iPad Pro. So, it…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have the pen settings so it’s not saved as a global settings. Eg Fountain pen for note taking, Ballpoint pen for drawings.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Goodnotes used to open to the last notebook I viewed. Now it constantly goes back to the main document screen and I have to find and open the document I want every Time. Is there a way to make it stop doing that?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The handwriting experience in GoodNotes is now perfect but texting is not. I suggest that users can select an area of the page and use markdown language (or Latex for academic purposes)to organize formal notes, including mathematical functions. Such feature would be even better if one day we can see a macOS GoodNotes app, cause handwriting is not the primary way we interact with laptop.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to change the color of pre-written text faster and more precisely than the lasso tool allows. This could be done by letting the user drag their highlighter over the text they want to change, then by changing the color of the selected pen marks to a new color (without creating highlighter marks on top).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great if you could add medical dictionaries for us to download so we can easily define the terms we encounter

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add ‘palm-rest’ on Goodnotes 5. Or any other feautire that can move up the bottom of the page for easy writing

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When we create a new notebook we should be able to choose the number of pages we want added for the paper template we selected. For example, I want fifty pages of the blank paper template automatically added to my new notebook.
    That way we don’t have to manually add page after page or keep pulling on the current page and release to add another page.
    This feature would be the equivalent of buying a physical notebook from the store with a set number of pages.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I believe work flow would be improved if select and copy is quicker.

Lets say, leave one finger on the screen and select would copy, doing that with two fingers on the screen would past it.

The time holding the finger down sometimes makes quicker write the sentence again instead of copying it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Your support tools for creating new templates is poor at best. The link to the YouTube video is deleted. The most recent info is 2 yers old!?
    I just want the simple answer to create my key tasks at the top of the page and daily notes below without buying templates on 3rd party sites. You seem to support the 3rd party eco system over providing SIMPLE instructions for users to for their own.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I often trigger the undo gesture or the double tap to zoom unintentionally. I would love the ability to toggle off all input that ISN’T the pencil so that I can focus on quickly taking notes

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The idea is very simple:
    Being able to select different items in one page, having them in a clipboard, and pasting them in another order. said items could be text, sketches, marked up images, or even handwritten paragraphs, really could be anything. I feel like we are so used to having the one item copy paste clipboard, but this could be really a huge feature. Also making them stick to the clipboard even after the first paste, is a feature I see a lot of Chemistry/physics/engeneering notes being boosted with.
    I hope I delivered the concept.
    I am not a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Having the possibility of searching an index we have add directly in the index tab would be very comfortable, especially when you have lots of them

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The cutout tool should work over pages. If I'm cutting out a text or object on page one, then vertically scroll a bit down to page 2 I should be able to move the marked object over the pages to place it on the new one without copying it every time just for rearrange purposes.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would be great to have the option to open PDF files directly, e.g. from iCloud Drive. After some edits were applied, save the changes in the file directly.

I‘ve organized all my files in iCloud. Using Good Notes I always have duplicates and there’s a noticeable amount of work to keep them synced, besides that the export flattens the PDF so no further edits are possible.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to know when good notes will be available on Microsoft Go? I need to buy a tablet for my work, my job requires goodnote but I would really prefer Microsoft Go over an iPad. Please let me know ASAP. Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?