Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6980 results found

1. While I enjoy the rotate and resize tool, I feel that inverting images should be implemented! It's useful for drawing (take chemical figures) or plain symmetry for digital note-taking.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With the colors that are incorporated with the pen, to be able to group colors together for a any specific class. One set of colors for one class, and another set for the next class.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. At the moment the sorting option by date or by name is the same for folders and the complete documents. There should be a way where on the main documents page you can sort by date and sort by name in a subfolder.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can we add the option to insert a new blank page, which has exactly the same size as the pages in the PDF?

As a student, I open various PDF slides everyday. However, when I want to insert a blank page in between for more detailed notes, it's difficult to figure out the exact same width. But using a page with a different width makes scrolling and zooming less fluid.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello, when can I have a setting for quick page turning and page jumping? It is troublesome to slide my fingers when reading a book with many pages. Similar to this design

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When writing out long texts it would be great that when the page is full, the text continues on the next page with the same format, like in Microsoft word.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd love to see an option to add more than 3 pen colors as "quick-access". I often use up to six colors and it is quite displeasing that I have to switch them around so much. I added a screenshot to clarify what I mean by "quick-access".

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. hello, you can add: 1) Ruler (for mathematics and graphs). 2) Dictaphone according to the text. 3) Eyedropper and transparency brush. 4) Written by hand in printed text. 5) Drawing tools. 6) Not only straightening lines, but also wavy lines, zigzags. 7) The ability to turn the sheet with your fingers (upside down, sideways, etc.).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to save more than one text style is necessary for Titles and Headers while taking notes. One more reason I have had to switch to notability. They allow three saved text favorites with font, color, and size.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pasting a large text copied from another source into goodnotes doesn’t automatically moves to the next pages. Only workaround for this is to copying small parts and paste and then move to next page and continue like this. Text should automatically move to next pages if the area is insufficient for that page.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I sometimes struggle to write in a straight line, it would be super cool if there'd be a feature, where you could insert some kind of ruler/support line, just a faint one, one that doesnt stay on the document, one that doesnt influence thats already written, that helps as a reference to write straight. thanks very much, apart from that, its a super super great app, i dont know how id do uni without you :D

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would love to be able to expand the area of the canvas so that I have more flexibility with writing on the pages without straining my hands. I find when I am filling a page that my hand starts to fall off my iPad and my handwriting/sketches start to become unstable because of the awkward writing angle. Having that extra bit of canvas space to move the current page I’m working on to a more comfortable position would work WONDERS.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Selecting hyperlinks require that you turn the pen-tool off, press on the hyperlink, then turn the pen-tool back on. Instead:

Allow a long-press on a hyperlink to activate it.

Alternatively, a double-touch on a hyperlink to activate it.

I can't tell you how many times I've pressed on a hyperlink and end up writing a dot. I have several people I have recruited to be GoodNotes users and this is a frequent problem when they begin using the program ("Hey, why don't hyperlinks work?")

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great if we can insert images to the comment box just like text.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you want to move pages within the same document you have to click on it and scroll through the thumbnail until you get it to where you would like to move it. I think there should be an option to type in the page number you would like to move it to, and then the page that is already located on that page number automatically moves below the newly moved page.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Two things that would make this app even more amazing. First is the ability to hyperlink within the program. If you could link one note to another place anywhere in GoodNotes would be so useful. The other is to be able to add reminders. This would need to work with a hyperlink so a to-do task would notify you and then you could click and be taken right to where the reminder is referring to

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add following languages in supported languages list
    1) Marathi
    2) Hindi

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. GoodNotes documents can get quite large over time. Synchronizing (and backing up) them on constantly uses ridicules amounts of data (sometimes up to 1GB in a single day).
    Using GoodNotes in school, this poses a big problem, as we currently don't have working WiFi. Connecting my iPad to my iPhone's Personal Hotspot is always a story of force closing GoodNotes, connecting to the Hotspot, doing whatever, disconnecting and relaunching GoodNotes as I have a limited amount of high speed cellular data.

To solve this, GoodNotes could support iOS native Low Data Mode, which users can set system wide on a…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can there be a calligraphy pen option, a gel pen option that has the glitter color pallet, and a roller ballpoint pen. Also when you lasso text it shows what color the text was in and if you reside text you can spread it out horizontally or longitudinally and not both ways. Also when you try to use certain highlighter colors together the darker color will be on top even if you’re trying to have it as the shadow

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be very helpful if you add hyperlink and adding shortcuts for the same folder or notes to easily navigate in the app
    and to make many shortcuts of the same notes and put them to different folders

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?