Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7209 results found

1. Manual switch option dark mode “in GoodNotes”

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be handy to be able to scroll beyond the page. This would enable me/us to write on the page bottom while the hand palm is still resting on the screen instead of having it resting uncomfortably on the edge of the device.

Otherwise I LOVE the app and your pricing. Keep up the good work :)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think it would be AWESOME if we could use the double-tap feature of the Apple Pencil to be able to undo an action.

I take a lot of hand notes, and everytime I make a mistake I have to manually hit the back arrow which is very inconvenient, whereas doing it by double-tapping the Apple Pencil would be very time-saving and convenient!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Instead of only being able to resize with a locked aspect ratio, add vertical and horizontal resize capabilities

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add pencil feature along with pen because little rough texture helps to better shape of words, specifically when someone use screen guard which very smooth instead of paper texture guard or paper like. Please add

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to finally get rid of blue menu bar while editing..
    Maybe you could instead ADD a floating QUICK MENU bar, for most important menu choices.. ( Like pen/ereaser/lasso ,colour, text) Or less even..
    OR: Implement a radial QUICK MENU..You could make it accessible via gesture, like let's say : click and hold pen together with ONE FINGER tap or soo..
    That would make it posible to write with NO distractions and optimal space

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to use good notes as my only application for writing, taking notes and creating documents. It is not possible because the typing option does not run as smoothly as "pages" or "microsoft word". Please consider making good notes an application that can be used for creating and editing documents with simple typing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi, I find sometimes I could not get my files synced. When I launch the app, I sometimes have to wait for sync, which is waste of time. Especially when I use my device to modify my files, I shift to another device. It will do nothing and I really want a button or something like pull down to refresh to sync all my files manually. I think I could be useful, thanks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 給開發者:

Goodnotes無疑是款好用的筆記app,不用我再寫他的優點、以下提出幾處能夠優化之處,麻煩您:

打字的顏色:

打字的顏色無法新增顏色,只能每次都重新挑一次色碼,這點希望盡快改善(但可以直接更新成:打字的顏色盤跟畫筆的顏色盤共用,我相信這點更新並不困難,但是能大幅改善使用體驗,非常重要)

打字換色的快捷鍵:

畢竟就在打字了,還要用手來換顏色實在太不盡人意了,因此希望能將顏色盤前九個顏色設定九個快捷鍵(例如cmd + Ctrl +數字)(當然顏色要如上一點所說,能夠和畫筆的顏色盤同步才能自訂)

文字的行距:

如同大家所知,方格筆記還是最實用的筆記,但是打字的話很難對齊格子,因此修改行距就變得格外重要,但是當前版本的行距修改完後,下次又變回預設值,無法如同字型及文字大小等設定成預設行距,每次調整真的不是很聰明,而且希望行距能用輸入的。

跨頁問題:

希望能將選取物直接拖拉到另一頁,而不用一直剪下貼上。在打字方面,希望能如隔壁陣營(Notability)一樣能在整張紙前面有一排能輸入字元的地方,而不用全部都要用文字框,因為毎打大篇的筆記(例如英文單字),如果是用文字框的話,在其中新增個幾行或刪減個幾行,那文字框就又可能超出頁面顯示範圍,這樣就要把多出來的剪下到下一頁,同理,下一頁又會多出來一些,—直剪貼,非常的不人道,希望能新增這個功能(在文件最前面新增一列能插入字元的位置「如同Word, Notability」)

這幾點是我目前遇到最大的幾個問題,希望開發者能真實的聽到我們使用者的聲音,為使用者們做優化、調整!!!

我也是真心喜歡這個軟體,才會花那麼多時間打這篇文章,希望你們能理解然後做出更新,我會繼續支持你們,加油!!!

!!!期待你們的更新!!!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a "Duplicate" item to the selection pop-up menu so one can duplicate a selection with one tap instead of having to first select copy, then press-and-hold to show the pop-up menu, then select paste.

The duplicated selection’s position could be determined by available canvas space or simply be shown slightly overlapping the original selection.

I’ve attached an image showing the desired behaviour.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to select elements in a collection and move them to a different collection and/or new collection.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use different size papers for different notebooks and have to change fonts in each one. One size does not fit all. Being able to have a default font for each notebook would be great. Also, some notebooks I use vertical scrolling, and some horizontal. Different defaults there would be great too. Other than that it is perfect for me. . Keep up the good work. .

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sort files in the order I want without date type or name, because if there are many files I want it to be close to each other but without having to create more folders because it is difficult to find again when opening too many messages item

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I hate having to move my hand all the way to the top of the screen to change colors and then go back to the bottom of the screen to continue taking notes. I would like it so that I could just pop out the color tool bar and move it to the bottom of the screen so I can easily color-code my notes. Having it to the side would be useful as well.

I attached an example of what it could look like.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enlarge margins around the page so that notations can be added around the document.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A "back to reading" option when browsing in the goodnotes files system would be most appreciated.

So say I leave a document I was reading in order to browse through the GoodNotes system, it would be nice to have a button which would send me back to where I was reading when I left the document.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It has been long time since GoodNotes announced on Twitter that they are planning to bring the app on different platforms but there is no app for Windows and android after years.

If you can’t sync to Windows and android using iCloud please use Google Drive or any other third-party cloud service and please bring app to Windows, android and Web. Microsoft has already achieved this way earlier and should not be difficult for you as well.

Every time I brought up this issue, you guys give same reason that you are looking for good engineers, is it the case…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sometimes, I wanna to edit the page after I did notes. Like add a picture. If GoodNotes has a function can put handwriting notes into a transparent layer, I can move it to anywhere, even move to another page. So that I don’t have to erase and write again.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As example, we could have the option to open a pdf inside the notebook, making easier make slices from the book to notebook (no need to save in the gallery or copy the image, just select and slide). Thais way, when the image copied get clicked at the notebook, the book reopen in the same page (they keep linked). Just Like a referenced cell.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi,

For me it would be very useful if I could sort a documents pages in thumbnail mode by creation date and date of last modification.

Especially in larger documents it's hard to find the side where I have changed something yesterday...

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?