Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7074 results found

1. Drawing a straight line works really well. It would be great if a beautiful wavy line could also be drawn neatly in a similar way. Teachers use this a lot to underline small errors for example.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The glitch on MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac iOS, in general, is horrible. Taking notes by typing in the textbox on a PDF lecture on a Macbook or iMac is super lagging and annoying. I prefer typing over writing since it's quicker. However, it seems like I wasted more time adjusting, double-clicking the textbox. To make it worse, sometimes all the text disappeared after typing in the box, which is extremely annoying. This does not happen with my iPad though.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Is it possible to create a ruler to help draw lines at any angle at controlled length? And to measure the size of an object in the PDF file? I use goodnotes to review civil drawings since confinement. Thanks in advance!

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am a student who uses GoodNotes to study.
    I'm mailing to suggest features that would be great when I study in GoodNotes.
    It's moving to a page you've seen before, which is similar to the previous channel feature of the tv remote.

While studying, there are many cases of moving and looking to refer to pages that are far away, and then returning from the previous ones.
    If this function is added, it seems that the efficiency of study can be improved.
    Thanks for reading :)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I need sinusoidal line option for my science classes teaching.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Group tap

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If you set your page scrolling to lets say horizontal and you scroll to the right you can create a new page there. What if you can create a new page on the right side and below. That way you have columns and rows for pages. You could import a PDF document vertically and add to every page on its right horizontally a new page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make an icon next to the existing zoom indentations that allows the indentation line to move

I always have to click left indent too many times to get to where I want to write

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Should be able to customize way more-
    • unlock aspect ratio on things like rectangles
    • choose if you want border
    • pre-set shapes instead of being required to draw it
    • drag straight, vertical, horizontal line options again, instead of having to draw
    •graphs

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Renently, notability can draw a curve line.

Need to improve pen tool to draw a curve line - also arrow line

As a math teacher and 5-year goodnote user, need to draw a cartesian coordinate plane, or quadratic&cubic&quartic function.

Please make four-dotted line -like vectornator or Illustrator- to draw that curve! Before I change to Notability!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm Korean high school student. So, I have to use superscript fuction when i have to do some assignments. - especially in math, geometry - I really hope that I would be able to use 'superscript fuction' asap. Thx :)

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When copying/pasting a picture from my MacBook to my iPad, the size of the image is inconsistent. For instance, I could copy a certain image from a website and it'll paste as 400x200. Another image from the same site that's about the same size will paste as 800x400. It seems to depend on the amount I'm zoomed in when pasting, but the option to maintain the size would be awesome.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As a high school student and soon to be university student, i take a lot of notes, annotations, etc. sometimes, my teachers give us pdf’s to read or just a document of the information, rubric, etc. it would be so much easier to be able to attach a file to the page, like a picture, that you can click and it automatically opens it. i used onenote a lot in middle school, and that was an function that i loved from onenote. i only use goodnotes now and onenote if it’s really necessary, but i’d stop using onenote all together…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In Noteshelf, instead of simply cropping an image, you can erase the background. This is super helpful when taking quick notes for class and capturing images from a presentation. I don't like having to do a freehand crop in GoodNotes just to get rid of the extra stuff. It slows down the note taking process.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add a option to delete documents and folders on your device without deleting them entirely. Similar on Files on MacOS where your files are in the cloud and you can choose to delete them just from your device. This would be especially useful on a low storage device.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm left-handed, I cannot physically write on the left side of the screen like the whole left third is uncomfortable to write on as the edge of my iPad gets in the way. The inability to move the page around freely beyond frustrating - It doesn't let me move the left-hand side of the page to the middle of the screen so a lot of the time I have to write something on the right-hand side and use the lasso tool to move it to the left.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I use Good Notes for reading Newspaper. Sometimes I track my reading speed by counting the words and measuring the time. Also I practice writing essays or answers where I also need a word counter. For school going students it can be a helpful tool for self testing and self examining their own improvement -Reading speed, writing speed etc For Example I can import a question paper and practise writing a test alone. Given that in quarantine days we are doing our school work like this.Or it can also be useful when writing articles or essays for which you need…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would be really cool and easier to use if you had an optional feature of adding streamlined pens to smooth out your handwriting as I write on a glass screen with the apple pencil an my lines can turn out a bit wobbly or it really strains my hand when I try to use more control so my handwriting is neater.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be very helpful if there was a "mark as read" option in GoodNotes, especially when you have a lot of texts to be read so you can see at a glance which ones you have read and which ones are still to be read. Currently, I am using the "tick emoji" in the document name which is an alternative but being able to actually tick off documents and mark them as read would be so helpful!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The collaboration feature is great! But will be even better if there is a function where all parties can look at the same page, instead of people looking and editing different pages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?