Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7115 results found

1. it would be interesting to have the possibility to insert layers to be able to use them as in photoshop

(sarebbe interessante avere la possibilità di inserire livelli per poterli usare come in photoshop)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am using an XP-pen graphics tablet display on MacOS. The recognition of the stylus is frustrating. It sometimes takes a few strokes to have my input recognized, and other times it works great. Other applications (other than MS Onenote, which brought me to Goodnotes) seem to work fine with the tablet/stylus input.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. it would be extremely nice to have a setting so horizontal scrolling could be like the vertical one, where if i just need one swipe to pass multiple pages. i like the horizontal layout but find it very slow and frustrating to move between pages.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great to have a marker, that covers already written text and when you click on it (with the finger, not pen), it shows you what lies beneath!
    This would be very useful for documents where you need to memorise the answers but first want to think of the question without immediately seeing the written solution beneath.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I need "links to websites", where I can have a closer look for my research.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Having a ruler like in AppleNotes would be really helpful.

Besides that, as a student with a lot of maths, something like GeoGebra in a simpler version would help too. Being able to enter a function term and get the function in a coordinate system would be of great help and an even greater addition to GoodNotes.

Also, being able to select multiple pictures to insert would be helpful, as it would save time from having to select each and every single picture.

In PowerPoint, the function of print as handnotes gives the user three pictures on the left hand…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. it would be nice i selection of pen, colour etc could vary from open documet to open doc. now changes in pen, colour etc. changes for all tabs if you change them in one tab

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Now in a PDF you can only rotate one page at a time, please make it possible to rotate all pages at once.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love the ability to go back to previous screen or page instead of having to scroll through after clicking a embedded link . For example I use a digital planner and while I’m looking at weekly view I might click Monday for example, thus taking me far away from my weekly page. I then have to swipe through or go up to my bookmarks to get back. A simple gesture or button that’s essentially backs up would be the greatest user friendly improvement .

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add divider tabs/sections within a notebook

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add the possibility to show the bookmarks or Plan on the left side of the document to navigate easily inside.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I scan a document, there are always white bars around it--I guess you're padding it t the aspect ratio of the current template or something. Don't do that (or make it a setting)--it's a waste of screen real estate.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Instead of going to the thumbnails menu, just do a zoom out to see two pages in the same view, instead of one; then if done again you can see 4 pages and then 6, then 8 and so on.

Important detail is that, let's say you have the view for 8 pages in your screen, if you do the gesture to see the 'next page' you see the next 8 pages, so you can navigate much faster within the document.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Just in the last update the ability to use the fountain pen when drawing a shape or straight line has been taken out. (and only ball pen is allowed)

This is really jarring because it means that suddenly you're drawing a line which is substantially thicker than the text you were writing.

Also the shapes have lost that sweet, 'organic', 'hand drawn' quality that looked awesome before. The new shapes are sterile.

Please undo the last update, it looks terrible!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I use the rotate button for a photo, it is difficult, if not impossible to avoid resizing the photo as well. I often overlay maps to show size comparisons with unfamiliar places to ones I am familiar with. I would also love the ability select marks and drawings and rotate them, again, without resizing. I could then trace items on a map like a lake, and rotate and move them other areas on the map to compare sizes

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello:

As you may know, in education epub formarts are very useful to make digital and shareable content between student's and teachers and to make projects in wich studen's can learn and express theirselves creatively. The issue is that there ain't no very useful apps to make annotations or to grade these kind of assignmets. Could you please consider this suggestion?

Thank you for letting me share this idea with you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 在MAC上操作时,增加一个快捷键。按住“空格”键,可以移动页面。现在只能按“左”、“右”键进行移动,很不方便。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You write a subtitle, then you're able to mark it as that and it will appear at the beginning of your book in a normal written (not hand-written) style.
    Also i would love if the few last and the few next subtitles would appear next to the site you're currently using. While you can swipe horizontal to change the site you can scroll vertically to go through your titles and tap at it.
    in the vertical (tablet) mode is a lot of blank space. would be great if it could be used.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The thickness of the shape tools is changed automatically when the thickness of the pen change previously, but currently the thickness of the shape tools is fixed and it is so fine.

For instance, when I’m trying to draw lines, the lines looks weirdly fine.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Right now text is entered through boxes. This makes sense for regular note taking, but I think programmers would benefit from having a page type that aligns all the text to the page as plain text files do, and have this page extend vertically for at least a hundred lines.

Allow for drawings and normal text editing, just have this page be friendlier to coding students and programming notes (also have a monospaced font as default for these).

A huge bonus would be numbered lines and/or switching to a comment text color through a shortcut (e.g. pressing "/" twice if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?