Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7102 results found

1. My issue is:
    When taking notes, sometimes I accidentally zoom in too much and my writing is too small for a normal document.

My suggested fix:
    A setting to set the max zoom. That way, for my standard use case, I can set max zoom and have that be my comfortable writing size for the page size.
    Might be helpful to have on a document basis rather than a global setting.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. GoodNotes should store all temporary photos that are pending insertion into a document! My elderly father wanted to take a picture of a client and annotate it in GoodNotes later, using the camera feature within GoodNotes. Unfortunately, the temporary photo was not stored because he did not tap on “Use Photo” in the lower right corner. He assumed that the photo would be stored in his photo library when taken, just like it is as soon as you take a picture with the default Camera app on iOS. Now the photo is lost and there is no way to get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I use Goodnotes for idea generation for work and the one thing I miss from my previous app for this (Forge) is the ability to move pages around on a kind of pinboard grid, placing them wherever I want (in groups, solo, rows, columns, with space between them if desired). It would allow free-form placement of the pages on a grid perhaps 6 pages deep and as long as it needs to be, and would be an alternative mode to the traditional notebook sequential page style you currently have. Instead of opening up the sequential thumbnails view, it would open…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Button in the transform dialog to replace the selected handwriting directly with the transformed text

• Recognition of mathematical formulas/symbols/etc.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I’m having trouble emptying the trash. When ever I try to empty it, the option goes away but the trash doesnt empty. I tried deleting them individually but that doesnt work either. Refreshing the app doesn’t help either. It’s making the app really glitchy for me with all the extra storage. Please help! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For my lectures, I use "Mirror Presenter Page" to mirror my writing on a pdf file to an AirServer window on my Mac. The AirServer window is then overlayed in OBS with a video of myself (greenscreen). When I zoom out, Good Notes applies a black color to fill the background. I would like to suggest to be able to choose the background color (either black/white or color palette) and/or use a transparent background.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable more colors and styles for the laser pointer. Also provide a feature that gives the option to keep laser writing on the document longer until dismissed by presenter via erasure or some special triple tap, or even a release button at the top.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I like annotating my textbooks and sometimes spreads cross 2 pages. Being able to see them side by side without opening a new window and be able to seamlessly draw across the two pages would be a dream.
    Example: Apple’s Books app automatically displays 2 pages when the iPad is turned to landscape. Maybe goodnotes can incorporate a toggle feature for this?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi Goodnotes! I want to suggest that the sticky notes (elements) will have an option to be minimized and maximized so we can have the choice of hiding it and showing it. It would be nice since I like to write key points but the newly added elements block the text. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I run an organisation that uses GoodNotes as our digital white-board app for hybrid Zoom and in-person classes. Due to switching from a single Zoom license to Zoom Rooms for our organisation i've had to create a new GoodNotes account for our in-classroom iPads, which all sync nicely amongst themselves now that i've created a organisational Apple ID. The notes from these classes now no longer sync with my GoodNotes app on my laptop (as my laptop uses my personal Apple ID. As I sometimes forgot to email the notes from each class to myself at the end of the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently we need to use the lasso tool to do convert but its not practical at all, because we need then to copy the text and post a text box to put it inside, writing in MS word is easier this way! there is an app called Nebo and its doing it write, GoodNotes is my favorite so please make it easy to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello, I'm using GoodNotes to organize the pdfs for my grad school classes and wanted to make two feature requests:

1. Please make the character length for document titles longer on Mac and iPadOS. When dealing with multiple documents from the same author in a single folder, it quickly becomes confusing because there is very little room to display the document name. I can understand this limitation on iPhone, but it should not be an issue on a Mac.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/XK11jrX

1. Would an integration with Zotero (Mac app only, sadly) be possible? Ideally, I'd imagine a workflow where I can use…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Easy way of writing something and document automatically adds to page outline. For example, if I were to write “Chapter 2: Title”, GoodNotes will take that handwritten text and add it to the page outline. Either do it with a special pen, or a box used to highlight the text that is desired to be added. This way I don’t have write it, then go back and forth between the outline typing what I wrote.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm an engineering student who uses Goodnotes for his note taking in class. The thing I miss the most in Goodnotes is plotting non linear functions such as exponentials and sinusoids.
    I think it will be very helpful for all the students out there who use this fantastic app in class

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice if I could set the pen to not be erasable. Sometimes, I do not notice that I am in eraser mode (with a big size), then I accidentally erase my notes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I do sketching technical detail works on a black page canvas templates and usually I have to bring up a gradation colour set of white to grey.

However when Im going back to another Notebook that is a white page I need to use black colours.

It would be nice if we can first of all we had an option to switch between a customised colours of our own made set of 3s

For e.g. I would have White, grey and Dark grey
    and Ill be able to hit a switch icon and it will cycle through to another made…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the app, there are two different menu points where you can change the option whether you want to fill in the shapes or not. But if I change it at the pen menu, the same change occurs at the shapes menu.
    But it would be cool to be able to draw not filled in shapes when the pen is selected an to be able to draw filled in shapes when you select the shapes menu. So that the two buttons are not connected together.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since the last update, if you want to copy or cut some text out and past it somewhere else, you first need to hold long onto the text, and then you need to switch to the menu to the right. Before the update you didn't need to switch to the right, this was better and faster.
    Maybe this is because me tablet language is in german and not English

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tool to detect color used anywhere in the document.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 8 votes

We're glad you're here