Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7082 results found

1. When collaborating on documents, sometimes it may be necessary to make a copy to make individual annotations. However, making a copy will not keep other annotations up-to-date/synced with the master/main copy. Thus, a feature allowing users to “fork” a document and keep it synced while adding their own edits in their forked document would be useful. This is important and especially essential for educational settings where a teacher or project leader may wish to distribute a template version for individuals to edit, but keep annotations or edits updates on all copies.

A further extension to this would be the ability…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With the most recent update, microphone access knocked the "Add to Favorites" button out of the main toolbar. I'm regularly adding pages to favorites as part of long documents that I mark up by hand, which I then use to pull only the favorite pages out of the document and send to a colleague quickly; now the button requires 3+ clicks to get to. I'm not going to use the microphone. At least make it the user's option to move around the icons that are featured in the main toolbar.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Return the favorite page tab to the upper left corner. It was removed with the addition of the recording feature, which is cool but now we have to go through more steps just to add a favorite page.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a way to create custom pen colors for each notebook. For instance I color code stuff for each notebook I have but I don't want to go searching for all the colors I saved. Instead I want to name a custom color pallet so the pen and highlighter slots change color at one instead of individually changing the colors.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a sync button on the main bar to the different goodnotes platforms. I simultaneously work between goodnotes on my MacBook and iPad. It rarely auto syncs in real-time. I need back out of my current document in both platforms, go into settings, go into icloud settings, and then click use icloud. I toggle off in both then toggle on in both for my changes to sync real-time. It's a nuisance. I love goodnotes otherwise.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would like to be able to use either a Bluetooth or USB (via adapter/receiver) presentation remote to advance slides in GoodNotes. Sometimes there are parts of the presentation that do not require annotation and it would be nice for instructors to be able to put the device down for a sec and still be able to advance pages/slides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The option to have more than 1 default text setting for different things like titles and text. Different font, color etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love to see an add feature to outlines where one would be able to make folders/subdivisions … for example I can create and outline for chapters in a text book, then creat subdivisions for each section of the chapter (I.e., chapter 1 dropdown menu 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc…)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Often it’s just loading, loading and endless loading … it doesn’t stops - even after minutes …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The other thing, as soon as you type somewhere beside the Flashcard-frame you’re cicked out from the cards and have to start again - this is really enjoying!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Flashcards Zoom

There are already a couple of hands full entries to the same subject “Zoom function” with Flashcards.

Unfortunately each entry has some Thumbs - all together would be many!

Actually Zoom is really important, is critical because often you can not read their cards because everything is to small.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great to a have a "visual graph" of the audio recordings (volume level).

Use case:
    While listening to a recording of a long lecture\meeting you can easily navigate to parts with higher volume (speaking parts) and avoid silent ones.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As of today we have Audio Recordings in GoodNotes - thank you!

You can simply forget to switch off recording, ending up with a long audio recording between lectures or meetings - it would be nice to have a functionality to split an individual audio recording in 2. Therefore it will be possible to delete needless ones.

Custom naming of audio recordings will make it easier to navigate between them.

Exporting audio recordings within a single notebook in bulk and individually as .mp3 file would be very convenient as well.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When the documents get to big and I need to scroll fast, most times I don't know the page number to jump to, I'd rather like to be able to scroll quickly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I really like the Ultimate Study Planner, though I haven't used it, as I really can't work with the Sunday-Monday-Tuesday-...-Saturday format. Any chance that you can adapt this planner (and maybe also others that include this format of weekdays) for those who use Monday-Tuesday-...-Saturday-Sunday format?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Als Linkshänder kommt man immer mit der Hand auf die Toolleiste und verstellt das Werkzeug oder das Dokument. Es wäre extrem cool wenn man wählen könnte ob links oder rechts und die Toolleiste dann an den unteren Bildrand rutscht. Denn so macht arbeiten am iPad echt keinen Spaß. Danke

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if one could move/drag the page higher, so that the hand would still lie on the tablet when one wants to write at the very bottom of the page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great to name and save Audioclips to a page. This way you can hear only the information on the page you are looking at without searching for the right audio or for the right Minute in the audio. The audio should stick right to a page where you need it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. While we open a goodnotes shared link in browser tab (web), currently we have a plain title as "Goodnotes" for all the urls.

It would be great if we set title as document name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. indent feature
    - allow bulleted items to have multiple different horizontal start locations
    - "tab" key on keyboard asks like indent button
    - select / highlight bulleted items, click tab key or indent button --> goodnotes indents selected lines (instead of deleting them)
    - click tab key or indent button, type "- " to create a new bulleted item --> goodnotes begins a new list item indented one level inwards

improved line spacing option
    - line spacing could automatically align with the lines on the default papers (like the graph paper)
    - input value instead of slider

specific "list" feature…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)