Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7124 results found

1. Use-Case: I use one document for all my call minutes. Then I take over some content into different systems or actions and mark the page as done with the green highlighter on one of the top corners.

Problem: When searching my minutes, I can't see if a page is done or filter done pages.

Ideas: Allow me to
    - set a tag per page and have search show/ignore specific tags
    - show a full preview of the page beside the zoomed hit are, so I can spot my marker

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I really hope that this app will also enter the Google Store. I'd like to know if there's any plan to do that.

Additionally, it would be nice to use various pens, such as sign pens and pencils.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add Color Presets for the Text Styling feature. I constantly have to refer back to handwriting feature to fetch the color hex code to use to the text styling ( text box) / hand writing to text features.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It should be possible to set what you want your default text font to be; for example, right now the default text font is”Helvetica Neue”, but I always use the font “Chalkboard SE, so instead of changing it everytime i make a new text box, I can have it as an automatic default so that im not going in to change it each time! This would save me SO much time, and I feel as though this could be a beneficial feature for the app!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This feature would add automatic page numbering to documents. This feature will be enabled in the document settings and and exporting the document in any kind of way would keep the page numbers, unless disabled in export options. Everyone I ask is annoyed, that something like this doesn't exist, so adding this feature might actually increase ratings. I hope you add this feature because I really need it. Thanks in advance!

Edit: The user should be able select where the page numbering should start (For Example: The page numbered first can actually be the third page)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. View and edit multiple pages (1, 2, or 4, like a printed pdf) at once

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ruler or writing grid that is not really on a page after using the tool would be amazing. Because apples handwriting to text doesnt work with many languages!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm aware I can resize/rotate my handwriting already, but, it doesn't have an option not to keep the aspect ratio. Sometimes I want to squish my handwriting a little to make it thinner inside a box.

This option I've only seen it with Elements, but even then it's a Click/DeSelect/Hold/Click again and THEN editing. It's clunky. I think this also needs to be streamlined if added for handwriting. Not a fan of Rotate/Resize being the same handle either. It makes me make a selection bigger or smaller when trying to rotate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I request to GoodNotes team that please add community feature for Indian Students.
    I don’t understand why GoodNotes not allowed Indian students in community.
    Very disappointed with GoodNotes…..😔

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I know in addition to the 3 standard colors and the option to purchase templates and import templates. At least for those who paid for the GoodNotes Premium option allow users to pick any color papers ( e.g. colors from a color picker). I enjoy the app, but also enjoy color coding. I believe this will be a good thing to add to the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. -be able to move the toolbar to the bottom of the screen without moving the navigation bar.
    -to be able to move things around on the screen based on the document that I am editing.
    -be able to choose how much the zoom window moves for auto-advance because I always have to move it anyway since it doesn't follow the lines on the lined template

-For example, we can move the toolbar to the bottom of the screen, but that changes the zoom editing to be at the top of the screen and the document at the bottom. I want…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello, please improve the function of cutting and copying stickers with a noose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add page layout for book reading mode, that is, 2 horizontal pages on the screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It’s amazing there is so few languages that can be recognized. It has been a known issue for years, and that’s why other apps or even platforms is moving up so fast ( Nebo as an app, or Supernote/Boox as e writers).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great if we can select formats such as images, text, links, when pasteboard has multiple format of items.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow for the shape, pen, or highlighter snap feature to instinctively recognize an intersection of polygons, lines, or just a plain dot. This feature is mainly focused on imported documents and images. In the image below is a triangle (redrawn for clarity) where at each corner, the blue do for the highlighter snap shape is not at the corner. The snap tool should detect intersections, such as for a grid line or corner of a polygon, and automatically move to the intersection.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please, add syncing option with Yandex Disk as I've got used to this storage and don't want to pay for iCloud storage just because of your app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There should be an option to straighten handwriting, like the one in Apple Notes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I often use a combination of writing utensils and text boxes while taking notes, and it would be nice if there was a way to save more color presets for text. It would save some time while switching between writing and text if I could save the same additional color presets for both. A way to the transfer color presets of one utensil to the other utensils/tools would also be beneficial.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Most students and workers share notes and often do not use the same note-taking app. As you can only import notes taken in other apps in pdf form, you can't edit the handwriting: no eraser, no lasso tool etc... It would be INCREDIBLY beneficial if the handwriting recognition also worked with imported documents. I think applying the same handwriting recognition technology to imported notes with handwriting written in other note-taking apps would be doable. I really hope that you consider this idea because I believe that it will be a very crucial feature that will distinguish Goodnotes from the other…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?