Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7127 results found

1. Make scanned documents or photos of handwriting able to be manipulated or changed to editable features on phone apps. Make photo or document scan able to be rotated and cropped like photo file. This should be easy stuff to setup.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If you do your pages vertically, imagine if you could add notes on a horizontally added page. This would be significantly helpful for PDFs which take up the entire page for each page so you can create summaries, pointers or organize what is in the particular page.

On a separate note, it would be a nice addition to have this horizontal page be floating and following you as you scroll so you can continue to update this one page to potentially summarize the entire document in that one page (this could be an alternative option to adding a single fixed…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sometimes I remember the full word but sometimes I don't. I may only remember a segment of it. So, it would be helpful to have the option to find a word just by searching for a piece of it. For example, let's say I want to search for the word "perforated" but I only remember a portion of it, such as that it ends with "rated" or that the middle part is "for". I'd like to be able to find that word just by typing little parts of it if I don't quite remember the full word.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I like color coordinating my notes and I hate how we only have three color options at a time. It takes so much time to click the pen color and then find the color that we want to change it to. There is so much real estate left when I have my iPad Pro horizontally, so we should take advantage of that.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I use the index cards function on my IPhone 6S and it’s very small. I write the cards on my iPad so a function to zoom in the cards (learning mode) and/ore use them in landscape format ( work but in a very very small format) on the phone would be great. Tanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Your app is great, but your latest update removed the big keyboard and forced users to type on a tiny keyboard the same size as our phones. Can you please make it an option to keep the big keyboard? I spend enough time as it is trying to henpeck sentences on my phone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'm personally very much not a fan of the navy-blue theme. I believe it would be an amazing UX implementation for GoodNotes to follow in the footsteps of Apollo for Reddit, for example, who offer a wide variety of aesthetic variations, see the attached picture for an example of what GoodNotes could implement!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I work with both audio and text. For example, when I have a lecture recording, I listen to it but I also prefer to write it down because it makes it easier for me to go back to the information. I'm not able to write down everything because it's a lot to manage but I still get tired of doing it manually. I wish I had a tool that would transcribe the audio for me and I can just copy & paste the parts that I want into my notes. I'm thinking of how Youtube automatically adds subtitles to videos…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I need to do a lot of reading, whether it's class readings or readings that correspond to my interests. The problem is that I don't have time to fit all of it into my schedule. My eyes get tired from all of that reading and I often wish I could just relax my eyes but still listen to the books/articles being read. This would help me keep absorbing information and move forward even when I don't feel like reading. I wish GoodNotes had a feature that could read aloud for me PDF books and scanned articles.

PDF books usually have…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like to be able to make the text box bigger tonal it easier to enter text using scribble.it opens too small to be useful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I’d love to have the ability to hyperlink something I’ve written down or a photo I’ve inserted so that when I click it in non-edit mode, it’ll take me to another notebook in Goodnotes or to a website of my choice. Adding this to the long hold feature with the lasso or photo tool would be great.

This would be perfect for school as I keep a separate document for key words and people in certain classes, and if I had the ability to click on a certain text (handwritten or typed) it would lead the another notebook where a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A template with an automatic numbering system. The template would have a positionable "page number" feature, with the option to have the total page count as well. I wouldn't have to manually add "1 of 6", "2 of 6" to my pages, then change them all if I add a 7th page.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new flash card feature is terrific! Thank you! I have been a Anki user for a long time because of their image occlusion add on. It allows you to make a flash card from any image, which has been super useful to increase productivity and minimize time spent making cards. Anki did not have a convenient draw function. Goodnotes has solved that problem for me.

A easy fix would be a solid fill in the shape tool. This would allow image occlusion and make the flash card template unstoppable. I know dental and medical students would really appreciate this…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add more theme colors for the borders. When you open up a notebook, the top color is only blue with no option to change it, it would be nice if we could change the color of that to makes things looks a little bit nicer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great to have an edit opportunity while studying flash cards.
    Searching the current flash card in large notebooks to edit small mistakes is time consuming.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sometimes it needs a more detailed explanation of the answer. Zoom would be great.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Some answers of questions are graphic based. It would be great so have some space for sketching instead of mind based answer contol.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great to have an embedded calculator and create formulas. Currently, calculations must be done outside of goodnotes and then manually added and updated.
    Example: Use the app for finance tracking. It is impossible to keep track in the app since numbers such as Totals have to be manually updated when a new transaction is added or changed. It's time consuming and leads to increase of error.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the way that you can save your favorite brushes, meaning type, color and size, in other apps so you can quickly switch between the main brushes you use in a document, it would be nice if Goodnotes had a similar option as well. It would really speed up my note taking proces if I could quickly switch between different pens and highlighters.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?