Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7081 results found

1. The third pencil type is a "Pinselstift" which reacts to pressure. Please add this feature for the eraser.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. use calender sync templete
    weekly vertical templete and sync iphone calendar

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. During lectures ... when the speaker is going over an outline and speaking I want to use the window tool to write my own notes, but be able to only switch my pen to a highlighter and highlight the outline without closing the window tool so I can quickly switch back to my pen and not lose the location of my window tool and where I was writhing my notes. I would use this all the time but I’ve had to switch back and forth from x-ing out of the window tool then highlighting my outline then re-opening the window…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Once starting GoodNotes, it'd be nice to have the last document you worked on opened instead of starting from the folder selection screen every time. I have to click through multiple folders just to get to the same file.

On OneNote, the resume feature automatically puts me back into the last opened Notebook + section + filed so I can get to work right away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Right now, I can only see 1 page at a time if I zoom all the way out. Can we have extended zoom so we can see 2+ pages at a time? On a larger screen, it'll make better use of the space. As of now, I just get a big blown up view of a single page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It takes way too much time to copy/paste items today. I would like to recommend a copy/paste buttons on toolbar and at the same moment to make the toolbar customisable.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi, working on PDFs with GoodNotes for Mac,
    the idea is to create a pinching cursor to drag/navigate/move on a PDF (maps for exemple).
    That would be much easier that using the scrolling/swipping (shift key) wheel of the mouse.
    Inviting you to check the attached pdf to get the idea. Hope to see this feature soonly. Thanking you by advance.

Allan

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. first idea:
    One may think. The share of the target group that uses KEYBOARD shortcuts most probably uses also text boxes (are terrible due to lack of formatink like notability but that idea is already in the top listing her). But when you are „in a textbook“ you cannot hit shortcuts nor can you tab out of a text. Why not make „ESC“ let the textbook unselect or press ⌘ to force other shortcuts. sometime i will change text box mode to pen mode but the short cut does not work. I have to tap with the finger out of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I scan a document, there are always white bars around it--I guess you're padding it t the aspect ratio of the current template or something. Don't do that (or make it a setting)--it's a waste of screen real estate.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Just like it's possible to scroll all the way up/down by tapping once at the top/bottom of the screen, it'd be handy to have the ability to do the same thing on any notebook.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When making diagram I use shapes, I often need to have multiple circles or squares of the same size, since it is inconvenient and hard to draw each one in the exact same size my only option is to copy and then paste them, which is ok but if we can have two in one option (duplicate) the workflow would be faster. Duplication would be great for everything, not just shapes though.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be a great idea to implement a Marketplace with in app purchases like in Notability, that way everyody could customize goodnotes for his own use of the app. I think that would solve many common requests, for example the need of more pens and stylus, graphics tools or even math recognizing features.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PLEASEEEEEEEE make the 'Two finger tap, Three finger tap' undo/redo an option for users, I am constantly undoing/redoing things on accident just by writing. It is SO FRUSTRATING because I have been using the actual 'undo' button in the toolbar for years and am so used to reaching for it. all of the recent updates are GREAT, except that you don't have the option to 'opt-out' for certain changes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would love it if when using the zoom feature there was a smaller tool bar above the zoom window. It breaks up the flow to have to reach all the way to the other side of the screen to change the pen or color I am using. If it was completely customizable like with the pens, highlighters etc. I choose and able to be moved around the screen that would be great too.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Should be able to customize way more-
    • unlock aspect ratio on things like rectangles
    • choose if you want border
    • pre-set shapes instead of being required to draw it
    • drag straight, vertical, horizontal line options again, instead of having to draw
    •graphs

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There is a long long delay when using the eraser

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As someone with hand tremors, it is difficult to get things like text boxes and pictures and doodles into position easily. It would be nice if I could select an item, move it close to the desired position, then nudge it up/down/left/right with the arrows on the keyboard.

• I know tapping on the screen deselects, so I am not sure how to accomplish this with gestures when there isn’t a keyboard... maybe drag the selection with one finger and hold down another finger to allow you to tap outside the selection to nudge it in that direction...

The option to…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You need to deeply think through the workflow around signing complex documents. Apple Mail now handles simple signatures directly within the email app. But this doesn't always work.

The workflow with Goodnotes (and all other apps, mostly because of sandboxing of common document types like PDF, which should not be sandboxed because they do no harm--but no one on the planet will convince Apple because Jobs didn't like file systems and no one at Apple can contest the memories of the infallible Jobs). Phew.

There are several problems specific to Goodnotes for this obvious and common business scenario:
    1. Goodnotes…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your detailed feedback about the email workflows. In fact, we are thinking about this and have implemented a feature that should shorten these steps for you already and let you automate parts of it to a certain extent. We call it “Email to GoodNotes”. It allows you to automatically import PDF attachments to emails that are sent to a unique GoodNotes email address.
    You can read more about it here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000477276-Using-Email-to-GoodNotes-for-importing-PDF-files

By using services like Zapier or IFTTT, you can also automatically forward email to this address, so that PDF attachments will always show up in your GoodNotes “inbox” when your defined criteria are met (for example from a specific sender).

Of course, this doesn’t yet help for the step of the workflow where you have to send the file back.

20. Would be great to add more keyboard shortcuts on MacOS version but also for iPad with external keyboard.

missing
    - Clear Page
    - Laser Pointer

Improvements:
    - custom keyboard shortcuts (defined by user)
    - accessing/selecting different Tools within Tools (f.e. different Pen Types) through keyboard shortcuts
    - accessing/selecting Colors through keyboard shortcuts
    - accessing/selecting different Size of stroke through keyboard shortcuts
    - accessing/selecting different Fonts Types...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?