Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6982 results found

1. Hello Goodnotes team! First of all, I would like to say that I love using your app. Ever since I started studying on an Ipad with goodnotes my productivity improve 100%. I love how clean and intuitive the software is. I also really like the cloud integration. This is where my first feature request comes from as well. Actually, I believe it is more of a bug. On some of the pdfs of my notes which are auto uploaded to google drive, the highlighter doesn't display properly. Instead, it looks like a series of triangles. Another request I have is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great to see recent files/notes I’ve saved in GoodNotes in the Files app on iPad and iPhone and Finder on Mac as well as the Spotlight on Mac to make search easier. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello, when working with your APP I like to use the option to write in the focused field (on the very very left) If I now leave the focused field open but change the pages it will jump me back to the original page I was writing on. So as I´m writing in there I like to view a different page for informations but will be jumped back if I note it in the frame, as it begins to jump down on the next line. I hope its understandable, it´ll be easier to explain in German. Please leave me a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ich verwende Goodnotes zum Aufmaß von Baustellen
    Hier muss ich Maßpfeile mit Bemassung einzeichen.
    Es wäre toll wenn man Maßpfeile mit Maßbeschriftung ähnlich wie bei My Measures einfügen könnte.
    Eine Anbindung zur automatischen Übernahme der Messung von einem Bluetooth fähigen Lasermessgerät zb Leica Disto wäre noch die Draufgabe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export
    - a chapter of a notebook (= a few pages which belong togehter) as pdf or
    - all notebooks in one pdf

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like the 'favorites' feature from Notability implemented along with the additional screen space that GoodNotes has when going into no-writing mode and taping the screen to make the bar go away.

Basically I want an ACTUALLY full-screen paper notetaking experience with a small, customizable, movable shortcuts bar that can fit up to 5-10 preselected pen/size/colors. Aka, a streamlined (Note Taking Mode).
    Thanks!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I use goodnotes to documents conditions in the field- taking lots of phots using the camera tool. I would like to be able to export those photos as JPG or TIFF or some photo format for using in other apps, like word for writting reports. The only way I have been able to export an actual photo is to share the individual photo. This is not efficient when I have hundreds of photos to upload. There should be a method to export the individual photos in a notebook all at once. Exporting the notebook as a pdf does not work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allows for paper to be coloured to help people with disabilities and to reduce eye strain, sort of like a wheel of colours to choose when making a sheet of paper

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Goodnotes already has the option to export as image, adding this as an option to auto backup is a great way to cut down the file sizes that can reach hundreds of megabytes for the people who use the auto backup as a notes viewer when using their PC.
    This reduction in file size in my opinion is worth the loss of text search within the document

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be amazing if there was a setting where I could default a font and as I start handwriting out notes, it automatically starts to change the words to text, sort of like iPads new "scribble" feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. the line spacing drag bar under paragraph, is really difficult to get the spacing right. if we could have that... and/or be able to type in the number we need for spacing. that would greatly help. I'm constantly messing with it and when I let go it jumps to another number. >.<

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I scan a multi-page document through GoodNotes or import a scanned document, the saved quality is not sufficient, so that - in contrast to Notify - not all text passages are found when searching.

This is clear if you look at the file sizes between Notify and GoodNotes during the backup.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I scan a multi-page document through GoodNotes or import a scanned document, the saved quality is not sufficient, so that - in contrast to Notify - not all text passages are found when searching.

This is clear if you look at the file sizes between Notify and GoodNotes during the backup.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If I want to import longer texts into GoodNotes via the clipboard that are longer than one page, the text that no longer fits on the page should be automatically inserted on the following pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Due to the existence of arxiv, many people, take me as an example, will download preprint versions of an article and after quite sometime, when the published version appeared, one should also include that into the database. Now we have one preprint with your notes or comments on it, and another published one with higher reliability, it seems necessary to pin these two(or more) together to make life easier. Or if there are better solutions, welcome to comment!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add an option to FLAG (label) DIFFERENT PAGES IN A NOTEBOOK WITH DIFFERENT COLOUR so that we can classify notes on the basis of importance

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be very convenient to have a pencil that just exist to write down headlines. I often use one strength of the three options just for headlines so one could expand functionality by implementing more features to this and specify one pen(strength) just to headlines. One feature suggestion might be to automatically add a page on which a headline was written to the outline. The headline itself can then be used as the outline entry's description by using the handwriting recognition software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi, goodnotes developers.
    I've been using goodnotes application for years and I think Goodnotes 5 should have a "Categories" shourcut as in goodnotes 4. It's more convenient than tapping "back" again and again until I reach the main documents page. I have many subfolders so that shoutcut is what goodnotes 5/6/7 or whatever should have. Hope you consider this problem. I'm certainly sure that it's not inly me who feel uncomfotable about this. Thank you for your hard working!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll see what we can do about it in the future. In the meantime, you can avoid having to tap the back button multiple times and instead tap on the “Documents” icon in the tab bar at the bottom to jump straight to the root folder level.

20. Suppose I have a 400 page textbook. I made an annotation somewhere in the PDF. No idea where, but I need to view/modify it. I need a way to view only the annotated pages from my notebook.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?