Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7084 results found

1. Instead of going to the thumbnails menu, just do a zoom out to see two pages in the same view, instead of one; then if done again you can see 4 pages and then 6, then 8 and so on.

Important detail is that, let's say you have the view for 8 pages in your screen, if you do the gesture to see the 'next page' you see the next 8 pages, so you can navigate much faster within the document.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Any ability to easily add links and tags would be great...
    But look at roam research and think about how you might add automatic indexing and cross linking!

Would be killer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I love using GoodNotes since it is so user friendly, however the only thing I find that is missing is the double page viewing option, so if I’m using a workbook, I can see both pages at once and flip through it like a normal tangible book. I know there is the option of opening a separate window but if I’m only using my iPhone, that isn’t possible. This would be an AMAZING feature and I think would honestly make a lot of people happy!!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be so great to close multiple tabs at once. When I finished studying a subject, I have to close 10-20 tabs before I begin the next subject. It would be so nice to be able to tap and hold and have an option come up to ‘close all tabs’. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hey there,

I am using Good Notes 5 since about one week.
    I'm left handed and I'm asking myself if it's possible to freely align the paper.
    I would like to put it more to the right side of my iPad in order to write better.

Is it possible to freely put the paper wherever you want? At the moment it sticks to the middle of the iPad.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. An option to scribble on written notes to remove it, instead of double tapping the apples pencil or manually selecting the erase option.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. most folks put lecture notes into goodnotes folders. So it would be really cool to have a "not done" button as a way to label notes that the students haven't finished so they can easily find them if they want to go back to them.

The "not done button" is similar to the "favorite button", so it can be added easily

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I know a lot of snapping grid request have been proposed but I wanted to propose something more specific.

One of the feature that I love with GoodNotes is the ability to create our own templates with precise format. I attached a file as an example.

I created a lot of different templates with grids on them. But depending of the templates the size and the position of the grid differ.

So what could be great is to have the ability to create snapping grid with :

• custom colors;
    • toggle hide/show (hiding would be useful for not overlaying existing grid…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. One of my favorite ways to use GoodNotes is to import documents and annotate them on the app. However, I think the experience would be a thousand times better if we could have the option to expand the margins because oftentimes the original pdf doesn't have enough space to write notes and/or insert images for reference.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The first suggestion I know isn't new but the developer's response isn't correctly addressing what's being asked. The two split windows is helpful, but a way to view a notebook in a 2 page spread/open book would be nice. I would also like to have an option to add stick notes off to the side of the page, like in a google doc how you can highlight a section and make a comment on it that sits off to the side. Also a way to add multiple pages at once instead of having to pull up at the end of…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In goodnotes its not possible to change ink thickness after writing.
    To change ink thickness, one has to rewrite it with a different pen thickness.

This is a basic requirement of a handwritting app

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The grey paper templates are good, but a lot of colours don't look good on grey.

Kindly add completely black templates.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 在轻微滑动PDF文件时,手指离开屏幕之前已经停止滑动,此时手指离开屏幕触摸,PDF仍然会惯性滑动一点,希望改进,取消此时的惯性滑动

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be ideal to have the ability to be able to change highlighted text to a different colour without using the lasso tool on every single different page where that colour is found. It would also be neat to be able to select a page range to change all of a certain highlight colour to a different colour (Ex, having blue and yellow highlight on multiple pages but now wanting to change the yellow highlight to pink, etc.). Almost the same idea for printing specific pages, you'll be able to select single page, range, or entire document and the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I use GoodNotes to store my e-textbook PDFs and use it to study. But it’s really troubling to me that i need to use the split view in order to view two separate pages. It’s very difficult and disturbing to use spilt view (which when I want to turn to a page, I need to do the same gesture twice, once left and once right. And every time i want to turn to the next page, I need to swipe twice on each of the separated screens.) when what i need is like reading a book in two pages and…

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Kann man erstellte pdf Dateien zuschneiden. In meinem Falle habe ich Grundrisse als PDF file auf dem iPad liegen und möchte dort unnötige Bereich löschen geht das ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I try to write curves in the app, it often turns into few straight lines. I am pretty sure I didn’t write something like that. Really hoping that there are options to turn it off, so that I can write curves normally.
    Also, streamline option would be great as well.

Writing experience in GoodNotes definitely has room for improvement

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. While creating a shape, it is possible to freely change its proportions (ie, a square into a rectangle, or a circle into an ellipse). Afterwards, however, these proportions become locked: the 'resize' function works in effect as 'rescale'. I often find, however, that I need to change them, f. example if I am using the shape to outline some handwritten text, and I add to that text. I often end up having to redraw the entire shape.

All you would need to do is to let the 'resize' option work for shapes in the same way as it already does…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I use the highlighter a lot to fill in diagrams and it would be so much easier if I didn't have to do it in one go. Sine it gets darker when it overlaps, the filled in color is only uniform if my pencil stays on the page the whole time.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Functionality:
    Using grid view you could import a long PDF sideways while being able to scroll the howl document down. You could name, hide/collapse and do other actions on sections by having a menu on the left and right of the page. Names could be saved in the outline feature.

Use cases and benefits:
    Grid view could be beneficial if you have a long PDF you import and want to make Notes on a separate page. You could split the screen, but this would be much more time-consuming.
    It would also allow to skip a section of a document much…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?