Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7214 results found

1. It would be perfect if GoodNotes 5 can support automatically synchronise files with google drive when using different devices (such as iPhone & iPad) under the same account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like to be able to select multiple images and upload them as templates (paper/cover) as it's a bit tedious when I want to upload many original templates, and having to upload them one by one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I really love the good notes app but the experience if often frustating when I'll have to erase something. I think if there is a functionality like strike to erase it will be of lot of ease , it has to be like I scribble on the text and the text gets erased

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. With a web client, the app would be absolutely cross-platform. Windows users (often business users) would certainly benefit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I suggest to add the tree view for single notebook, just like the “Microsoft OneNote”, now the GoodNotes is the best handwriting app, but it doesn’t have the tree view, I can’t organize content, please, thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow us to customize the top menu bar in Goodnotes. For instance, I don't normally take pictures or use the laser pointer feature. But I would love to have more than 3 colors readily available. I'm sure many other people have other preferences.
    The only tools that are REQUIRED are the pen, eraser, select tool, one color, and one size. Everything else should be customizable.
    Even if you didn't let us remove anything, my 11" iPad has so much blank space in the menu bar when in landscape mode -- let us add stuff.

Thanks for considering and upvoting!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Could you please consider adding a Greek language word recognition? I mostly write in Greek so that would be very helpful for my studying

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Compared with Notability, the search capability of GoodNotes is relatively poor, 1. I can't find individual letters if I'm trying to sort notes with letters, and that's not an idea. 2. It's also hard to find a word if it's near a highlighter marker or some line. 3. Goodnotes also can't search the middle part of a word, which is very limited.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I have more than half of a page left but can't fit my next note, I want to add the next blank page to continue what I did on the previous page without having to re-paste the entire note onto a new page. In addition to taking notes, I also want the roping tool to move across pages, which is faster and easier than copying and pasting. This function works on notability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add more color slots in the top menu bar. 3 is barely enough. We need more like 5 or 6 or as much as the user wants. Small details mean so much!

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I love GoodNotes and I use it everyday. One thing that was missing though is the ability to select the text in order iOS/iPadOS to speak it, or ‘swipe down with two fingers to read the page’ feature in the iOS/iPadOS. I just imported a PDF book and I was trying to activate the speak mode of the iPadOS but I couldn’t do it. I actually thought that this implementation would have been already in GoodNotes since its very easy to use Apple’s API for speech synthesis and Apple provides good support for this.
    Text-to-speech implementation with the iOS/iPadOS voices…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow use to take a screenshot across two pages. The lasso tool only allows you to select across a single page.
    If there is something on the bottom of one page and something along the top of the next page that you want to select, you are out of luck.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. bookmarking isn't enough and search is ok but another step. could you have feature to link one note to another

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add an option to modify imported documents. It would be really helpful if we could edit documents that we import directly, for example change the text.
    Could allow you to fix typos or expand upon what someone else has written in their documents. Or be able to add more space in between the text to write your own text, take notes on the text you imported or add images between the text.
    Another example: if you import an questions sheet it would allow you to add extra space between two questions to show your working right under the question…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add the ability to set margins on both sides of handwriting paper. The auto advance works great, but since you cannot set the margin on the right side of the paper, the handwriting often goes right to the edge of the paper before the auto-return takes you to the next line.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When using a hyperlinked notebook, it would be nice to add a template that is unique for just that particular notebook.

For example, if that notebook has a hyperlinked "note page", right now you have to scroll to find it, copy the page and then manually paste it before/after the page you are working on.

Having a specific page "pinned" in the "Add page" section would save time.

Custom templates are generalized currently, and adding hyperlinked pages to your collection removes the hyper link rendering it useless.

I use hyperlinked notebooks all the time - this would be a wonderful…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a color and their paste equivalent and change between those colors so that you can change the paper from dark to white and that way you can study at night but also print your notes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow text to be added directly to the paper rather than using text boxes. This will create a more seamless structure of handwriting and text like Notability. A text box that shifts around the screen has its uses, but as a primary text input method, it is a disappointing experience. Where lined paper is used, the lines should also adapt to the font size and text positioning in a similar way to notability. When pictures are added to the document, the text should wrap around it. Allow text styling, alignment and bullet features that are present in most text editors.…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you click the export button to export photos, PDFs, or anything else, if GoodNotes could have an icon in the Apple options menu, that would make exporting documents to GoodNotes much easier! As of right now, I have to save photos to my device, then import them to GoodNotes from the photos or files app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ability to write on the images then when I select the image again the text will move with it. Without using the lasso tool bec when I use the lasso tool if there any text behind the image or near it may be moved with the image.( simple explain add an option to the image to act as sticky notes)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?