Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6980 results found

1. While scrolling you can see the page number. The app could also show the page outline next to the page number

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Just like the title says. App should automatically capitalize first letter of each word of the outline just like it does for notebook names. Or at least there should be an option in settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sometimes it's better to take notes on the computer(with the keyboard) rather than by hand. Some features that are available on Microsoft Word such as automatic capital letters, bullets, and grammar control would be great to make this easier. Then you can use GoodNotes for everything rather than use different "apps" for different things within the same subject.

Also make the app compatible with the regular shortcuts and touchbar on mac pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow tabs to have their own settings, colour, pen, pen on/off, etc so we don’t have to change settings every time I flip between tabs. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Exported out a file to resize pages but when imported back, GN remembered the marked pages with page numbers under outlines, but didn’t keep the page titles under thumbnails. Had to do 500 pages all over again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Doesn’t sync settings, custom templates and custom colour pallets across devices! It is really troublesome to manage (and update) everything manually across 3 devices. Please rectify this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If pages are all the same size in a document and are smaller than A5, GN does not allow to further zoom out, i.e. keeps pages maximised on fit to screen. Can we please not have this? I’m now forced to add a page larger than the others to my documents just so that it is not always fit to screen. It’s disturbing to me as it really bugs my OCD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When opening the page grid view, and clicking on the outline section (as opposed to thumbnails section), it would be awesome if the outline section would automatically scroll down (and highlight/bolden) the outline that is closest to (but before or on) the current page the user is editing/looking at in the documents view page. Currently, every time the outline section of the page grid view is selected, the list shows the very top of the outline list, and the user has to scroll down to outlines that are relevant to the current page, as opposed to the outline section automatically…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Using Goodnotes on the desktop app is pretty clunky. The logic on how to move things and add things and resize is not intuitive. Right now its logic seems to be similar to a layout software such as InDesign or a yearbook creation program. But it is far less slick and responsive. Since navigating the program is not intuitive compared to other document editors it should have a very responsive and precise movement and editing.

Ideally moving any element - text box, sticker, or photo - wouldn't require switching between tools. Selection would be global (not requiring switching tools in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As of today, Goodnotes offers two ways of highlighting. One can either select the text manually, and click on 'Highlight' or use the Highlighter tool with a stylus/finger and freehand it.

I propose a method that is highly common and immensely popular with other simple pdf editing apps. Clicking on a Highlighter tool, which then enables the user to drag across text to highlight precisely. Clicking on a word with the tool engaged highlights only the word; dragging across words highlights the words, sentences, paragraphs, etc. The difference between freestyle/freehand method and this is that this tool enables one to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In addition to the multi-tab functionality already in GoodNotes, it would be very useful to be able to open multiple instances of the same document at the same time. An example use case would be flipping between textbook chapters and tthe problems at the end of the chapter. Currently bookmarking provides a way to make it easier to flip back and forth between sections of a text, but it's clunky and much less convenient, and I often end up using my computer instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can the title of a document, image or any sort of file be more colors than just white?

I want them to be red, pink, green, yellow, orange, brown, blue and so on.

The reason is that I save articles in goodnotes and then I use them as sources in my papers. To make writing the sources quicker i just assort them into colors as to immeditaly tell them apart. However I would be much more effecient if I had some help to remember which color belongs to which goodnotes files - the solution is if the title were different…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a way for a written note to become an Asana task. This feature would improve our efficiency greatly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to start by stating that I absolutely love GoodNotes.

However, as a Student, I am not able to purchase the largest capacity storage version for the iPad (as I am sure many students can agree).

With the file size of the data getting so large, it can quickly eat up so much space, (even on the brand new iPad Air 5th gen).

Is there any possible way to reduce file size and still be able to edit the notebooks or notes. This would be perfect!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I use a standard folder format in Goodnotes. I have to create this every time. I would like to see the feature added to a complete folder, including child supmaps and any documents in these folders.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I search up text, striked out words still appear in the results. When I strike out text I tend to not use them or want to see them. I also posted an idea erase pdf notes which would also solve this problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Eraser Tool is used to erase only pen & highlighter strokes. There should be a separate option for allowing us to erase PDFs or slides when importing something like lecture notes that may have some unnecessary notes or writing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ich muss das jetzt mal sagen da es im Appstore nicht geht. Bitte entfernt den In-App-Kauf es gibt so viele Nachteile vor allem für die die die App vorher GEKAUFT habe. ich benutze die App fast jeden Tag deswegen spreche ich aus Erfahrung und in meiner Klasse in der Schule benutzt auch jeder GoodNotes und ich sehe das schon kommen dass irgend jemand GoodNotes aus Versehen deinstalliert und wieder installiert und da alle das damals gekauft haben als man es noch kaufen musste wäre GoodNotes nach dem Installieren WEG. außerdem kann man die App nicht mehr mit der Familie teilen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you click duplicate you can only duplicate the page once and then you have to click it again and do it again if you want to make multiple duplications of the same page. I think it would be better if when you click duplicate there is an option to enter how many duplicate pages you would like to make. This would really come in handy for planners where you duplicate monthly and weekly pages a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?