Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7135 results found

1. The motion when switching to another file, change page, or other things is very annoyed. The motion improve the beautifullness of the app, but I use this app for work and study, I think the motion is useless, time consuming, and make the app slower.
    I prefer instant change to another page and reduce all the motion
    It would be best if you put it as a option under setting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The search function work perfectly only for the word that already exist within the file, not the text I have type.
    I usually take note by type the text within the file.
    When I try to search the word, it can detect the text, but not highlight the search item that I have type it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Badly in need of emoji section to stickers option

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A huge disadvantage that I find in GoodNotes that while i use the "Ruled Narrow" page template while using my iPad keyboard, the text isn't always matched with the lines in the page template.

The best things will be if the application will automatically determine the size of the text so the user who uses keyboard will be able to write exactly between the lines in the page template.

Obviously, while writing text the app should also support the auto counting as it is in all the other applications.(wether Microsoft Word or Notability)

With the current situation in the app,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When taking a screenshot with the lasso tool, give the option to create an element directly, instead of having to save the image in the camera roll and then import it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Not all students are goodnotes/apple users. As teachers we should get the opportunity to share link with people so that changes made to that document gets uodated via that link. We don't have to export documents multiple times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, as soon as the GoodNotes is launched, it always opens the note that was last worked on. This is even if all notes were closed before the app was closed.

I would like to see an option that allows GoodNotes to start in the last case described so that none of the existing notes are opened (and the user gets to see the document overview instead).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I want to lay out small handwriting and details on a page, the lasso tool expanding the size of my selection makes it harder to place the contents in the exact right place. I want to be able to get it exactly right, I can’t imagine a single situation where the zooming in/expanding thing it does would be useful. If the text was big enough for me to select it, I do not need it to grow and get more confusing. Please turn off that feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please an easier way to upload a Custom notebook cover when creating a new notebook. This should not be an elaborate process of exiting and entering a new window area to edit templates or require a tutorial.
    The cover should be easy to upload from phone or desktop and includes auto cropping /resizing of the image.
    Please compare to Zoho Notes and how easy it is to create custom notebook covers and also how images are stored as templates to re-use for new notebooks as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. when downloading new apps in Apple os like ios, it shows a blue sign that it's new.

if a yellow circle shows that it's uploading and disappear after the upload is done. it helps users to know which device is slow in responding.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The document scan post processing for taking pictures is really good but I commonly take pictures of my notes to insert them into goodnotes using image insert because document scan creates a new page unnecessarily. Would it be possible to implement the post processing to any image after having taken the photo? Or even making it possible to insert images that get post processing using camera insert?

Did an example of what it would look like by cropping the result from document scan below and comparing to what the camera gets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The 1st request is that I would like to be able to view multiple pages in the same notebook in facing pages or tabs.
    Especially, in planner and schedule management notebooks, I always compare and refer to multiple pages while writing and grasping, so the bookmarking back and forth is not enough to cover my needs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can you add an option to not include the background when using the lasso tool to take a screenshot? I often will use this feature to put diagrams I've made into typed notes (printed on white paper); however, I usually use GoodNotes with yellow dotted paper. Instead of changing the background template, taking a screen shot, and then changing it back, it would be much easier to have this option available when taking a screenshot. Something similar is provided when exporting (i.e., by selecting "don't export background").

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. At the moment if you want to add an element in the library if the object in question was not created by hand, you need first to make a screeshot and then add the element. This can be relatively time consuming if you want to bulk create them, since making a screeshoot is a three step process (take screenshot -> Select export -> copy )

An alternative would be to either or both:
    * add an element directly as an image by selecting a portion of the document
    * or by adding an instant snapshot feature to copy the area…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I play the piano, I need to see as much as I can. On my 12.9 iPad, I therefore would be happy to see 2 sheets at once and when I scroll, I'll see the next 2 sheets. Can this be done?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When in split-screen mode, with iBooks on the left half and goodnotes5 on the right, when changing pen colour and thickness very often, the app will crash

Is a consistent problem, please fix

Thank you

Jarred H

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To make notes as readable and easy as possible, is it alright if you could add a few calligraphy tutorials. Thanks in advance!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Apple Pencil 2 often randomly automatically changes to eraser even when I do not double tap. I have noticed this very clearly and happens quite often.I haven’t faced this issue with other note taking apps.
    I am using iPad Pro 12.9 5th gen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Zoom box bug:

When using the zoom box, sections of it incrementally become unusable over time by a creeping white screen, usually after only 1 or 2 minutes of writing

Why?? When will this be fixed?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?