How can we improve GoodNotes?

Ruler for drawing lines

Please add a ruler like the existing one in Apple's Notes. For example drawing graphs the existing auto shape function isn't perfect for that.

1,118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Florine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree ! I miss a ruler so much ! I use a plastic one but it’s slippery and so not very precise plus I’m scared of damaging my screen in the end

So please, please do something about that !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TEACHERS NEED RULERS!
        Many Teachers at my school use Goodnotes as their primary Tool as a Replacement for the old classroom board. What we math teachers miss so much is a possibility to view the ruler on the beamer image like in the Notes App from Apple. The students need to see a ruler or a triangle ruler so that they can follow the teacher properly. There is no other App that does that. SO GO FOR IT! The Teachers around the world are waiting for this! If you are interested in working with a teacher for optimizing your App do not hesitate to write me an e-Mail, I would be happy to help with the development!

• Bella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree to this! I have been having trouble drawing proper lines even with the help of the shape tools

• jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please combine votes with other ruler suggestion. This is very popular.

• Raihan Masroor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to add to this feature, that the ruler should give me the ability to not only draw lines, but also measure and draw lines or calculate measurements between object and have a scalable ruler.

• Cyrille commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea. GoodNotesis already great and this features will be simple to implement.

• Royi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea.

I would add another idea - allow "Align to Grid" where the page template is the grid.

Feedback and Knowledge Base