How can we improve GoodNotes?

Rotating selected items

I would love to have the ability to rotate handwriting, text, and images selected with the lasso tool. It would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!¡!

744 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just drew an ER diagram on a portrait page and now need to rotate the diagram 90 degrees.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's totally needed. I know of artists and designers who switched to notebility because of that .

Well, I don't want to. Love the app. Most used thing in my ipad.
        I gora organize a lot of content by mindmapping, which isnt that free as it could be.

• Leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to be able to rotate text. I purchased your app 5/28/18 as Birthday gift to myself along with the IPad Pro, I love it. But I would love it more if I knew how to rotate text. 😊 Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! Rotation function is crucial! I really like this app, but without a rotation feature some things are much more difficult than they should be.
        So please... Thanks a lot!

• dawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am loving this ap and am using it for SO much...this is the first major frustration. Any updates about the rotate feature?

• Brenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are planning, perhaps you could have a freeform rotate, or a snap to degrees rotate, like snap to 45, or 90, or 10/20/30/40/45 etc degrees or a box to the side where we can enter the rotation degrees we want. That would make it wonderfully useful in drawings. I voted. Thank you for your hard work!

• Jeff Fall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could it be that the handwriting recognition technology is not compatible with rotating the selection?

• Günter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was actually quite speechless when I found out, that it's not possible.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this request. This app is the most important program I have used on the ipad in the last five years. Im not sure the developers know that we are using it for purposes above and beyond simple note taking. We run a small engineering firm and we have converted to a 90% free paperless office based on this app. The ability to rotate text via the lasso tool is a must and based on comments is underway. This app is fantastic for managing engineering projects in the field and with the use of PDF Photos as a supporting program has increased our efficiency creating field reports. Thank you for your creativity and ongoing good work.

• SK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely needed! It is bewildering that this feature isn't already there.

• Rudy Hermanto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need to rotate any selected objects mentioned above: handwriting, text, images. GoodNotes becomes one of my design tools, and much productive...
        Thanks Goodnotes

• Diego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, I needed to draw another arrow when I should have rotated the available one.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base