How can we improve GoodNotes?

Split the screen in two

I am doing a lot of maths (I am a theoretical physicist). For this it is essential to be able to check the previous pages of THE SAME DOCUMENT. I suggest a feature that would enable splitting the screen into two for the same document.

3,314 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lev Kantorovich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pengpeng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I am waiting for split screens! Or continuous scrolling!! like in notability..

• Min commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah, when you put this to practise, it would be very helpful. otherwise it would be sufficient when you just add a future, which allows you to adjust to swip vertical or horizontal, without the 'add new page' function.

if you like, this could happen automatically, with that the workflow will be better!

• Dalyce Wehlage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a teacher I would LOVE to see this. I often need to see two pages at a time for planning. I downloaded google notes specifically for planning but find myself using keynote.

• LesleyB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great new feature. I am constantly switching tabs to refer to notes, or articles in another document.

• chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve tried the screen split in two on Notability and it works well, not to small for me.I’m dying to use that on Goodnotes!

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would rather have continuous pages rather than a split screen

• Michael Goerz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

(another theoretical physicist here)
        While I don't oppose having a split view inside GoodNotes, I wouldn't see it as a high priority. Much of the problem could be solved by adding vertical scrolling, so that one could have parts of two consecutive pages on the screen. Also, there are rumors that Apple will allow multiple copies of the same app to run side-by-side in split view, so we might actually get this for free. Lastly, if one of the split views is "for reference", one could just export the document into a separate pdf viewer app.

• Vikas NS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont think split view will be of much use.
        I tried split view from a note taking app recently but even on my 10.5 inch ipad split view makes individual screen smaller.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is very convenient for students and teachers to be able to open 2 PDF at the same time in the app so we don`t have to open 2 apps and sync duplicate documents to different app

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe this could be an option for a split view that can either display different pages of the same document, or different documents (which would be very helpful for my usage).

Continuous scrolling will be very useful too! So it’d be nice to have an option to view by pages (current style) or by continuous scroll, to make it easier to do lengthy math. Thanks!

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m a math teacher and lecture using GoodNotes. This would be a great feature, *especially* if both pages are able to be displayed at the same time on dual projectors. It would be nice not to “lose the history of the blackboard” in this way.

• Ece commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would be really great. I would love to use both my textbooks/articles and notebooks at the same time. Now I have to use also another app to this.

• Anthony L Draper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this too! To have a PDF open with the notebook is very important, but I have to keep my PDFs in a separate app to do this at the moment !

I need this a lot too! Better still, make an option for continuous scrolling, so I can see the end of the previous page when writing on current page. Splitting the screen in two might make each page too small. Please make this happen soon!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base