How can we improve GoodNotes?

Universal search (across documents, folders, pages within pages)

Good Notes needs a universal search option, so that from the main screen, we can search for note titles, folder names, page bookmark and text (typed or written with OCR). Otherwise, it is nearly impossible to find notes back.

2,082 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a critical need, for those of us who use GoodNotes for serious, extended work projects. I teach at a university, and often want to find various things across my notes for different courses. Likewise, I use GoodNotes for student advising, and like to put the student's name as a bookmark title. It is annoying that search doesn't search bookmark titles! Please fix this if possible!

• Nick R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If full open text search is problematic, then a half-way house would be to implement user-defined tags which could be inserted into notes and searched for across all notes (Bear is an example of how this works).

• Erick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a medical student keeping all of my lectures and notes within GoodNotes, I often come across terms/ diseases that I know I have previously studied, but can’t recall details on. Without a universal search, my countless pages of medical notes are often not useful to me because I do not have a good way of finding that specific term that I need to brush up on again. PLEASE help!

• Dow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not have purchased this app if I'd known it didn't do universal search. Please don't make me regret my choice.

• chema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

es lo primero que intente en cuanto empece a usar la app, y el hecho de no tener esta función limita el volumen de notas, obliga al usuario a usar mas destreza organizativa y memoria, en vez de libertad creativa, desgasta al usuario y lo frustra. esta app tiene muchas carencias y supongo que es cuestión de priorizar pero lo primero es crear notas organizarlas y recuperarlas y después ya vendrán las funciones extra, como duplicar pantalla o cosas asi. es mi punto de vista, gracias.

• Isabel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I translate documents on goodnotes and this would so help me keep track of the different words and phrases when I can't remember what document they're from.

• Vittorio S. LaPira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature that should be a priority for developers, along with finding a way to reduce the size of PDFs upon export (with annotations--without annotations defeats the purpose).

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of this global search feature has become my number 1 issue with Good Notes and frustrates me almost daily; especially when in meetings and needing to quickly find a note; I know some key word(s) of the note, but it may be in one of many notebooks from the past ... opening up every notebook and searching in an not only an exercise in frustration, it's can be a non-trivial waste of time, to the point of considering not using Good Notes for some note taking needs. I put all three votes on this suggestion.

• Yury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! Please! Please! Have to use google to be able to find things now. (Export to Google Does just for searching)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base