How can we improve GoodNotes?

Password protect

It would be great if you had an option to password protect a selected notebook in case you have to create one that would contain sensitive information.

2,699 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CGPlenty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

561 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just because the original post was on April Fool’s day, doesn’t make this request a joke. This is a very serious issue. I am surprised and disappointed that after six years, password protection is not a feature in GoodNotes 5. I admit, password protection was not a feature that I initially considered, but now I wish I had not purchased this app. :(

• Kate HOLMES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thinking of switching to Day One because I use my goodnotes primarily as a journal... come on guys, this should not still be an unfulfilled request. People need this.https://dayoneapp.com/ . I mean, I have to bloody reset my password just to comment here!!

• AlanD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also really need to have this option implemented ASAP too. Thanks 😃

• Bouwmeester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the app to write down some sensitive Information. Would really like to see this feature soon.

• Kathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can no longer use your product until this is added. I have about 25 employees waiting to purchase your app as soon as you enable password protection. As of now we cannot legally use it, which is a total bummer. I love this app otherwise.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be a feature. I’m working on a business and I keep names and addresses of my clients. Please add this feature!

Please, please add password protection it is an essential feature of any good notes app.

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn’t agree more. This is essential otherwise I’ll have to look for a more secure solution

Please, please add password protection it is an essential feature of any good notes app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29

Feedback and Knowledge Base